Plasti-dip Thoughts, Comments Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mudryder18

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mudryder you have pretty much made up my mind. Once summer comes I am gonna plasti dip my bumpers, side skirts, and get some nerf bars. What exact brand did you use because I want to keep everything smooth and not that gritty texture that some of the bedliners have.

It is called Plasti-Dip, here is what it looks like.

Attachments

• 2012-02-07_12-45-28_847.jpg
    2012-02-07_12-45-28_847.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,763

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
My Mother in law just brought me back 5 cans of it from the States again. ( Wish we could buy it up here) . I get her to bring me some every time she goes across the border. I did the rockers on my Jeep, and I'm going to black out the rims this weekend if it doesn't snow too much. Kinda makes it look 2 inches taller now.

IMG_1421.jpg

Last edited:

ZuluBravoTango

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you Plastidip the bug screen? I was thinking about it. I just did my grill, and I think I will hit the bottom plastic this weekend too.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still tossed up on rustoleum bedliner like my front valance or going with PD....

OP
OP
mudryder18

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
still tossed up on rustoleum bedliner like my front valance or going with PD....

The reason i went with PD and not bedliner is that PD is removeable. I didnt want something permanent just in case i didnt like it. Plus even if the PD gets knicked or torn, like i have already done, you can just spray more on. It blends into the existing stuff very well.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the bedliner since my lower valance is holding up.... did my dads brushgaurd this fall so gonna check that out this spring and see how it held up.... but I want something that I wont have to touch up....

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont like the look without steps cus you have a BL if it dident have the BL it would look great i would paint the steps and put them back on