Thinking of a 2inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok I want to do a 2 inch lift on my truck so I know I can crank the torsion bars for the front but in the rear I see people use spacers. I don't want to spend a lot on it so someone said to get the 2" rubber spacers and put in the coil springs, has anyone used them?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the expy in my sig i used 3" billet spacers, and i think Lane24 used 2" billet spacers.... they were around $70 shipped

longer shocks are not required but will give you more droop if you use them

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i say about 1.5 hours total, get the expy on jack stands disconnect the rear shocks, i had to use a bottle jack to get the axel low enough to get the spacer under the spring then just put the shocks back and your done

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yup... I have the 2 inch metal ones.... awesome cheap mod.... like KWT said. See if you can borrow a spring compressor from someone to make it a little easier on you.
I believe you can put them on top of the springs, but I put mine under. Quick pic for you so you know wht you are looking for if you want to go metal...

2b_1.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

Last edited:

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All you guys did was crank the T bars for the fronts when using the spacers in the rear?