Thinking of picking this up...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpsjr

Reaction score
I found a guy selling this locally and it looks like it's in good shape. He's asking $7,950 for it, which seems like a good price for a 2004 EB with 4WD and 130k miles. Just looking for some advice before I make a decision. I've got a Gen1 EB now with 200k on it, but would like something a little newer. TIA

Matt

Check out my photos!

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks nice. Decent price, avg miles for an '04. Can't tell from the pics, but how is the rear hatch and hood as far as corrosion bubbles? Is the second row Captains seats with the arm rests, or just the middle seat removed?

OP
OP
M

mpsjr

Reaction score
The 2nd row is captain seats, from what he told me. I haven't seen it yet, but he said it doesn't have any rust on it anywhere. I'll be sure to look for bubbling on the rear door and hood. Thanks for the head's up.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks in pretty good shape. From the pics, The second row is captains chairs. Seems like a good deal. Make sure it runds good and shifts smooth and test the 4x4 as well.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks nice +1 on checking the 4x4 and making sure it runs good

Sent from my Bag Phone using Tapatalk 2

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
He may say local, but i still would run a carfax. East coast flood cars are poping up all around so becarfull

OP
OP
M

mpsjr

Reaction score
He may say local, but i still would run a carfax. East coast flood cars are poping up all around so becarfull

Thanks, I asked him about that earlier, and he told me he would pull the carfax report for me, if I wanted it. I'd certainly want to see it first, before buying just to be sure there weren't any hidden issues.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks good. but dont rely on car fax alone. friend bought a car from a place called carmax and it had a clean carfax. he took it into the dealer for some work a few years later and the dealer ran history on the car and it wasn't as trouble free as he thought. apparently it had several transmissions put in it before he got it.

buildingdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There shouldnt be any rust on the hood or tailgate. I believe tjose components are aluminum from the factory. If they are rusting they are steel aftermarket from an accident. Use a magnet to check.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There shouldnt be any rust on the hood or tailgate. I believe tjose components are aluminum from the factory. If they are rusting they are steel aftermarket from an accident. Use a magnet to check.

You are correct the panels are aluminum, but the aluminum typically hasn't been prepped correctly from the factory, and it corrodes (not rusts), causing bubbles under the paint. This is a common Ford problem on trucks and suv's with aluminum hoods and hatches. Many a pic/comment on here showing this.