TOW package verification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fletch

Reaction score
My next step is to locate a cat scale and compare its weight with the weight I got from the local scrap yard scale that showed 6,163 lbs and then as soon as my last alimony payment is deducted I plan on finding a TT around the 5,000 lb range unloaded for me to start traveling again. I’ve also read the ProPride hitch is top of the line and plan on purchasing one as money is saved up, but outside of that significant cost range is their another wd hitch that can keep a load under 6,500 lbs in control to let me get on the road sooner.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6,100 is right. Mine weighs in at about 6,200 pounds i think but I have tools in the back. Factory curb on mine is 5,805 pounds, but by the time you have a person or two, full tank of gas, and tools your cutting into the 6000 range.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
ProPride WDH? Does it work? Yes, you can kill a fly with a hammer!

Helped a buddy install one of these. A complete PITA to setup and PITA to hook up every time you want to tow. Reminds me of watching fighter jets trying to connect to the KC135 refueling nozzles at altitude. Like threading a needle.

My Equalizer (brand) WDH has been soldering on now for 14 season without a hiccup needing only a coat of paint every couple years -- if I bother. Handles my 6000ish pound camper with ease behind my '17 Expedition -- and as it did with my '02 Explorer and '07 Expedition.

-- Chuck