What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr49erguy

Reaction score
Phase 1 of repairs have been done as of yesterday and I feel good. Was able to get the front brakes redone. Drive side caliper was on wrong as it was for the passenger side. Brakes have been bled and they feel great now. PCV valve has been replaced and the throttle body has been removed and cleaned out and the plugs were inspected. They looked great, which blew me away. No fouling at all on them and I do not think they have been changed in over a year. The oil filter was moved by a previous owner to the driver side wheel well, which makes changing it MUCH easier and I'm happy about that. It also holds 6 quarts, which is cool with me. It does not look like the oil had been changed in a while, but the previous owner was not driving it very often. Because of this the battery (Duralast Gold) was not charged very well, but I charged it up for several hours while working on the rest of the vehicle and now she starts right up. I have a constant ABS light on the dash so we rechecked the brake fluid in the master cylinder, but it was fine as we had just bled the brakes. Ended up changing a $13 sensor in the differential, but that did not cause the ABS light to go out. More troubleshooting to come on that later. Lastly, I changed the rear window struts which were shot and now the window stays up on it's own when open. Overall a VERY productive day.

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It didn't take tooooo long, but if we go "by the book", like Lieutenant Saavik, hours could seem like days. As far as help, well, I'd like to thank the Academy, my wife, my manager, my dogs, that guy that you see walking all over town but you never see him in any business or whatnot and you wonder where it is he is actually going to.....

Last edited:

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ABS light went on, so I wiggled the wheels and found a loose bearing on the front left wheel. "Fun"... a few hundred bucks down the drain next week.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Backed into a Chevy Avalanche today and messed his wheel up but no damage on the Expy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am3ricanInfid3L

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced my Heater Core. Since this was my first heater core job, it took quite a while, and a ton of patience. Honestly surprised I didn't break anything, or set my truck on fire lol. Sure as hell beats spending $700-$1000 at a shop though.