What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Discovered I'm in for a lot of fun here in the near future...passenger side rear two bolts are broken. Upper bolt was missing when I got the truck a couple months ago and I discovered once the manifold was out that it was flush. Lower bolt I broke by accident....The rest came out no problems. Now I just need to get my hands on some good quality E-Z outs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 30

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just about finished up my Rigid backup light project. Unfortunately, one side of the wiring is currently not working so tomorrow I'll have to do some troubleshooting. Considering that I tested both lights before starting the project by connecting the harness directly to the battery, I suspect (and hope) the problem is at the relay. So close and yet so far. :/
I can't wait to see this setup!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Discovered I'm in for a lot of fun here in the near future...passenger side rear two bolts are broken. Upper bolt was missing when I got the truck a couple months ago and I discovered once the manifold was out that it was flush. Lower bolt I broke by accident....The rest came out no problems. Now I just need to get my hands on some good quality E-Z outs.
Good luck with that fix, I absolutely hate these types of issues. I broke a bolt on my volant crossover pipe on the left side, and the bolt is threaded into the block, I ended up buying a heli coil kit and new hardware from Ford, 2 types of fel pro gasket sheets, high heat gasket maker to fix my issues.

I've never had to remove my exhaust manifold but it looks extra crusty on my expedition, I don't even know where I would start as the studs and nuts look like they are encrusted in corral lol

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this setup!

I'll post some comparison pics from behind the truck and from the cam once I get it sorted. It's supposed to rain for the next two days so looks like I'm going to have to be a little patient.

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck with that fix, I absolutely hate these types of issues. I broke a bolt on my volant crossover pipe on the left side, and the bolt is threaded into the block, I ended up buying a heli coil kit and new hardware from Ford, 2 types of fel pro gasket sheets, high heat gasket maker to fix my issues.

I've never had to remove my exhaust manifold but it looks extra crusty on my expedition, I don't even know where I would start as the studs and nuts look like they are encrusted in corral lol

Yeah luckily the driver side was already done before I bought the truck. I'm going to give it a couple days of spraying and soaking with some kroil and give it a go. I'm sure the lower one won't be to bad, here's hoping I don't snap that one flush too.

wermad

Reaction score
Got rid of the yellow headlights :happy107:

went at it with:

all wet (bucket of water) and had a sprayer handy for some more wetness. Wife was uber pissed when I was drying the headlights pre-polish. Went at it with a buffing wheel using white and then finishing with blue compound. Came out very good and much better then the tooth-paste trick or those crappy wasteful kits. Warning, you will end up with sore elbows, fingers, wrists, etc.. Lots of time spent on sanding (at least one hour each) and thank goodness its over-cast right now in San Diego. I'll get pics up soon.

Last edited:

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finished installing my backup lights today. All that's left to do is wire them into my reverse lights and swap out the switch included with the kit for a Carling switch.

As expected, the lights exaggerate the shadows that typically appear in the bottom center of the camera view, but it's not significant enough to create any blind spots. If you want to illuminate that area, you can either move the lights inward or aim them inwards, but in either scenario you will lose much of the peripheral light. I find that light to be far more useful out towards the sides of my truck than directly behind it.

More details here for anyone that is interested.

Lights mounted

photo_5.jpg

Camera view - Before

photo_2.jpg

Camera view - After

photo_1.jpg

View from the back window - Before

photo_4.jpg

View from the back window - After

photo_5.jpg

Last edited: