What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finished installing my backup lights today. All that's left to do is wire them into my reverse lights and swap out the switch included with the kit for a Carling switch.

As expected, the lights exaggerate the shadows that typically appear in the bottom center of the camera view, but it's not significant enough to create any blind spots. If you want to illuminate that area, you can either move the lights inward or aim them inwards, but in either scenario you will lose much of the peripheral light. I find that light to be far more useful out towards the sides of my truck than directly behind it.

More details here for anyone that is interested.

Lights mounted

photo_5.jpg

Camera view - Before

photo_2.jpg

Camera view - After

photo_1.jpg

View from the back window - Before

photo_4.jpg

View from the back window - After

photo_5.jpg
Looks great! I am starting to see that you're passionate about animals, as am I I have 2 big dogs I love but I've also help foster abused dogs at my local humane society, because of my relaxed nature dogs seem to really enjoy my company, even the toughest cases I've been able to get them to come home with me after 20-30 mins.

It's tough though and I've ended up adopting 2 over the years, I find it to be very rewarding and couldn't imagine my life not doing it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great! I am starting to see that you're passionate about animals, as am I I have 2 big dogs I love but I've also help foster abused dogs at my local humane society, because of my relaxed nature dogs seem to really enjoy my company, even the toughest cases I've been able to get them to come home with me after 20-30 mins.

It's tough though and I've ended up adopting 2 over the years, I find it to be very rewarding and couldn't imagine my life not doing it.

Yeah, my wife and I are both passionate about animals. We've got an entire pack of dogs here. Heck, that was the entire reason for the EL. :favorites37:

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did she make any modifications to it? My wife made $8,000 worth of modifications to her Mazda in just 10 seconds.
Lol that's hilarious. My wife's a really good driver, the one time our insurance lapsed due to an expired credit card, and we realized it on a Sunday night, but she needed to go to work in the am, so I said "k take the explorer and I'll go get insurance first thing."

The next morning on the way to work she absolutely drilled a vw jetta from behind.

That really sucked. That was her first accident ever after 15 years of driving, i was glad everyone was OK, our savings took the biggest hit out of everything

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol that's hilarious. My wife's a really good driver, the one time our insurance lapsed due to an expired credit card, and we realized it on a Sunday night, but she needed to go to work in the am, so I said "k take the explorer and I'll go get insurance first thing."

The next morning on the way to work she absolutely drilled a vw jetta from behind.

That really sucked. That was her first accident ever after 15 years of driving, i was glad everyone was OK, our savings took the biggest hit out of everything

Ouch. :/ And my wife is not a particularly good driver. She has an issue with " ... but I have the right of way." If an 18-wheeler is barreling down on me and I have the right of way, I will move so I don't get splattered all over the highway. She will just say "F**k you. I have the right of way." If some guy is approaching a red light at 50 mph and looks like he's going to run it, I stop so I don't get creamed. She will go on green because ... she has the right of way. Defensive driving isn't in her vocabulary. :p

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While I was cleaning out my garage I found my clear corners, I put them on for ***** and giggles, I'll put my heritage all Amber corner lights back on eventually I just wanted to see what they look like on my expedition again.1f254b5f1a247c35e5e875ed900a4c21.jpg554f7e368ff303aafe1510531e1bab30.jpg

wermad

Reaction score
Fixed a misfire for free!

Sputtered on way to work. Got home and hooked up the scanner. Code p0308 showed up. Went to autozone and bought a new coil. Turns out there was some water and gunk. Some cleanup and voila! She purrs like a sleeping kitten. Remembered on occasion got misfires, especially p0301. It dawned on me this happens after heavy and/or consistent rain. Gonna return the coil pack and get some new brake pads. While there, gonna get some electrical grease and check all coils. Looks like I may need new boots but might as well get all new coils.