What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Haha yea I know bro but I'm a mechanic by hobby and I enjoy making the repairs needed & at least this truck has a manageable (civilized) engine to work with unlike our German counterpart.

Plus the fact that it was neglected its entire life, it doesn't surprise me that it needs all that it needs. Also I got it for free so why not spend 2k on parts for repairs, turn around and sell for 5-6k and attempt to net a decent profit.

Last edited:

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today installed the new LED puddle lights.
It was pretty easy to remove the OEM light housings but due to the below freezing temps in the NE I broke both the original puddle lights' plastic clips, oh well I got new ones...

The new LED puddle lights came installed in new housings and have pretty good waterproofing and they fit exactly like OEM. I coated the connections with some dielectric grease to be safe and installed them in about 10 minutes (much easier than resealing the original the housing if you ask me) and they look great!
I don't have the night shots of them yet as I just installed them this morning but I'll post night pics later on today...
Here's the company I got them from, they were very polite sellers and they run a great business with exceptional customer care. (Also should mention for them that if you buy their puddle light package you receive free license plate LED bulbs!
http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/Puddle_Lights_NL3C.html

And here is some pics of the puddles installed on my 06. I'd be happy to answer questions as well! Thanks guys!

38f479e3eb12cc05aa389199c891e0c5.jpg
0ce7822d3da5e039c373cf80d994e3f1.jpg
556cad5f5b6ac776f2d9725c5d6d4226.jpg
0f7b1335848113cf997b7f86ec9ab012.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha yea I know bro but I'm a mechanic by hobby and I enjoy making the repairs needed & at least this truck has a manageable (civilized) engine to work with unlike our German counterpart.

Plus the fact that it was neglected its entire life, it doesn't surprise me that it needs all that it needs. Also I got it for free so why not spend 2k on parts for repairs, turn around and sell for 5-6k and attempt to net a decent profit.

She really shouldn't have needed to do much of anything with that few miles on it. That rig is a lemon. I'm hoping I have better luck with my 3rd gen. :(

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Night shots of the puddles too! The light output in person is insane compared to stock!!
61057370e46c51fd6ddd6dfceea03463.jpg
443623bda4246db77b4f2c58c30d1b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Listened to Funkmaster Flex get interviewed by Howard Stern..... while inside of my Funkmaster Flex. Was like Déjà vu all over again.

20160211_132405_zpsymvqy8h1.jpg

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn't do anything to mine today, but I ordered a butt load of stuff for it! Transmission rebuild kit, exhaust studs and manifold gaskets, exhaust piping for the dual setup I plan on doing, new lightning style headlights, clear corners, smoked tails, 5 gallons of trans fluid, new battery... There's more but I can't remember at the moment...

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of coolant, distilled water, and radiator flush for mine. I'm doing the same to my Explorer right now so the Expedition will have to wait. I have to wait for a new thermostat to come in for my Explorer before I can be totally done.

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got the new torque converter today. It's getting closer to being on the road!!! Just waiting for the rest of the parts to be delivered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: