What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changed out the coil packs and 7 of the 8 plugs. Rear drivers side is putting up a fight so I'll let that one go for a little bit until I can get back to it.

I was astounded how tight the plugs were coming out.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Measured my piece of sound deadener for the tailgate...can't complete it cuz it keeps raining and don't have enough space in garage for cover...maybe tomorrow

Mr. 10K

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got back from a 2200 mile road trip. Truck did fine. MPGs anywhere from 10.9 to 15.3. Killed lots of bugs.

wermad

Reaction score
Got a nice used set of 26s on CL. Currently at a tire shop swapping the tpms sensors. Needed new belts but was able to re-use the sensors themselves. Saves me the sensor fees and programming (i have the training tool), but labor was a bit more then i expected. Wheels are Red sport RSW99 and tires still have good meat on them. Planning a long road trip and im glad i got tires that are in better condition then my old 24s.

LL

Last edited:

wermad

Reaction score
Looks clean bro... What's the tpms training tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its to program (aka "train") the sensors. Its about $35 and the procedure is simple. I already had it when i switched to 24s from the stock 20s. I got lucky my 24's came off a navi that retained the stock sensors. Unfortunately, the band was at its max and I could not use it for the 26s I got today. The shop did have the new belts and they were inexpensive ~$15 each but labor was double due to swapping sensors from one wheel to another. Still, it was cheaper then having new sensors put in and I'm sure I would not get that cost back when it comes time to sell the 24s had i gotten new sensors.

Since the 26s use a different pressure, my TPMS warning came on. By training them with the tool, it tells the system the new nominal pressure for this new wheel/tire package.

I'll have to double check if this is the correct p/n. Btw, if your Expy has no tpms, then its not needed if you change your tires or wheels or both.

FORDTRIGGER_600px.jpg

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its to program (aka "train") the sensors. Its about $35 and the procedure is simple. I already had it when i switched to 24s from the stock 20s. I got lucky my 24's came off a navi that retained the stock sensors. Unfortunately, the band was at its max and I could not use it for the 26s I got today. The shop did have the new belts and they were inexpensive ~$15 each but labor was double due to swapping sensors from one wheel to another. Still, it was cheaper then having new sensors put in and I'm sure I would not get that cost back when it comes time to sell the 24s had i gotten new sensors.

Since the 26s use a different pressure, my TPMS warning came on. By training them with the tool, it tells the system the new nominal pressure for this new wheel/tire package.

I'll have to double check if this is the correct p/n. Btw, if your Expy has no tpms, then its not needed if you change your tires or wheels or both.

FORDTRIGGER_600px.jpg
Ah I have never even looked into these... Figured just switching over my tpms sensors to my 35s would be good. The tire shop said something about programming them but I'm not sure I was listening I was too busy drooling over my tires lol

wermad

Reaction score
Ah I have never even looked into these... Figured just switching over my tpms sensors to my 35s would be good. The tire shop said something about programming them but I'm not sure I was listening I was too busy drooling over my tires lol

Lol, yeah that's what you have to do. The shop I went to wanted $60, but I told them I already had the tool. I believe if you have two og keys and fobs, you don't need the tool. Otherwise, its not terribly expensive to have around in case something changes with your tire setup. From experience, my 07 limited (no pun intended :p) me to 4k rpm and was very nasty at cutting power under hard acceleration until I got rid of the TPMS warning.