What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, yeah that's what you have to do. The shop I went to wanted $60, but I told them I already had the tool. I believe if you have two og keys and fobs, you don't need the tool. Otherwise, its not terribly expensive to have around in case something changes with your tire setup. From experience, my 07 limited (no pun intended :p) me to 4k rpm and was very nasty at cutting power under hard acceleration until I got rid of the TPMS warning.
Wow if mine tries to do that to me were gonna have a problem lol...... Btw still haven't even driven it in over 2 weeks (expect back and forth to the fire shop in limo mode lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wermad

Reaction score
Thinking of getting spacers as the 25mm offset tucks the wheels in the rear even more vs the 35mm of the 24s:banghead:

wermad

Reaction score
Thanks! :cheers:

edit:

picked up a wheel lock system for $10 on ebay (open acorn) and a center cap lock kit for $25 (ouch :shrug:).

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Huh I just read your post and googled what's a center cap locks are, I'm wondering how they install if the cap is clip on and the wheel doesn't have any holes for a screw to go into

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If u really want rim security...go to rimlox.com...true security...any other wheel lock can be broke off...and they guarantee security or they will buy u new rims

Mr. 10K

jcmeyer5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worked on a new center dash panel. Got a 2nd one and starts chopping it up. Did the fiberglass work on it. It's going well!

Eh... so I finished the bloody thing, and I think I am going to scrap it. I had to shift the environmental controls down about 1/4", but even that small amount made them interfere with the clip holes in the dash panel. It FITS... kind of. I could clearance (read: grind) a couple places and be able to make it work, but I really don't want to. The "80% done" photo is attached. You can see where I had to put additional urethane glue to make the filler stop cracking... I had to do that in 6 places (just about and below the iPad tray on both sides as well). Then when I installed it for our trip, it cracked again. So it is going on the "good idea by not going to finish it" shelf in the basement. I have a NEW idea that I just finished designing and sent it off for 3D printing. I'll get pictures up soon.

BRACKET.JPG

wermad

Reaction score
Huh I just read your post and googled what's a center cap locks are, I'm wondering how they install if the cap is clip on and the wheel doesn't have any holes for a screw to go into

Mine is just a cap with a bolt holding it down. I don't know how safe the new neighborhood I'm moving to is (in a different state), so I might as well spend $25 on the locks as these caps go for ~$60 each on ebay (used). I always had locks and though I've seen countless aftermarket wheels here in San Diego without locks, I rather have the extra bit of security.

If u really want rim security...go to rimlox.com...true security...any other wheel lock can be broke off...and they guarantee security or they will buy u new rims

Mr. 10K

I never really had any trouble but its a small investment to at least protect my new wheels and caps. I'm crossing my fingers I can get a garage with my new place as my Expy will be in there throughout the harsh winters of northern Illinois (and probably the majority of the rest of the year too). If the neighborhood is sketchy, I'll be adding one of those, uber annoying, car alarm systems. "PROTECTED BY VIPER...STAND BACK........WEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....EUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUH..."

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rim lox are 400...375 1 time discount and the only way to get ur rims is to remove the entire axle or cutoff the entire wheel...

Mr. 10K