What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Got the expy to 95 mph without even noticing it too, I apparently was trailing the fastest 18 wheeler there ever was! Gotta stay away from those post office semi's they're trouble waiting to happen

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://www.api.org/~/media/Files/Ce...ications/MOTOR_OIL_GUIDE_120116_FINAL_WEB.pdf

It appears I made a mistake. I confused the general gasoline engine spec with the new diesel spec. I apologize if it was misleading. The new Gasoline oil spec has been pushed off to be released in 2019, I had heard it was already released.

Draft copy of new Gas spec: https://passenger.lubrizoladditives...016/07/02-ILSAC_gf-6a_2-13-14_draft_rev_5.pdf

We all use diesel spec rotella... in anything from gasoline bimmers to motorbikes

And would DEFINITELY stay with diesel spec if a gas spec came out

Since...we use it BECAUSE it is diesel spec.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you need is 5 minutes and a trim puller (vinyl prybar)

Just poke it in and pry off the button/lens thing
I changed all of them on Saturday including the two in each visor. The only problem that I had was I tried to change the ones in the license plate lights and the tab snapped off so I put it in as a warranty claim. I've only had it for a month so the tabs shouldn't be breaking off. What would it be like in 4 or 5 years...

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We all use diesel spec rotella... in anything from gasoline bimmers to motorbikes

And would DEFINITELY stay with diesel spec if a gas spec came out

Since...we use it BECAUSE it is diesel spec.

Problem is the diesel spec isn't necessarily as 'good' for gasoline engines. The shear tolerance differences, sulfur tolerance, additive recipes, zinc and molybdenum sulfide content may not be optimal for gasoline engines. I will argue that all those specific recipe components are suited for forced induction engines, especially turbo engines.

Rotella does make gas spec oil, but to be honest, i would have to compare the 2 to give any sort of informed opinion.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tab what tab?
On the right side there is a plastic tab that you push with your screwdriver to release the license plate light fixture so you can change the bulbs.
IMG_5361.JPG
In this picture you can see the notch where the tab is supposed to be and you can see on the right side the remainder of the tab anchor point.
IMG_5362.JPG

Last edited:

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Andy whats the part number for the license plate bulbs? Did you change your puddle lights under the exterior mirrors to? If so what bulb is that?

I'm looking to swap the exterior for LEDS. Not really worried about the interior

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy whats the part number for the license plate bulbs? Did you change your puddle lights under the exterior mirrors to? If so what bulb is that?

I'm looking to swap the exterior for LEDS. Not really worried about the interior
It says 912 in the owner's manual. It is just one one of those two pronged push in lamps. I'm going to use one of the same ones I used for the interior lamps.

I'm not sure what the puddle lamps use on the 17; they used the 912 or 921 on the 05 Expedition.