What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXFishin

Reaction score
The question for me is what haven't I done lately?

New to me 2012 EL Limited 4X4, seemed to be in top shape and well taken care of, but turned out to need way more than just tires, battery, normal maintenance items, etc..

All the items were DIY except transmission/transfer case and manifold.

The IWE's were much easier to replace than anticipated, under 45 min per side

This month:

New Michelin Tires
AGM Battery
Oil/Fuel/Air Filters
Manifold studs / bolts replaced
Font Bearing hub assemblies
IWE Actuators
Transmission and Transfer Case
Front Pinion Seal
Front Axle Seals

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided replace my painted sideview mirror covers with OEM chrome ones. It took about 15 minutes for each side. There are four plastic tabs that you can release with a plastic pry bar. I kept looking at the stick on kind but the fitment wasn't that great and for about $20 more than the stick on caps I was able to get the actual Ford parts.

IMG_6178.JPG IMG_6176.JPG IMG_6175.JPG

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided replace my painted sideview mirror covers with OEM chrome ones. It took about 15 minutes for each side. There are four plastic tabs that you can release with a plastic pry bar. I kept looking at the stick on kind but the fitment wasn't that great and for about $20 more than the stick on caps I was able to get the actual Ford parts.

View attachment 22522 View attachment 22524 View attachment 22523

Stick on ones are backordered for a few months from everywhere anyway. I tried ordering from multiple companies and all of them had to refund me and said the manufacturer is backed up or something. I ended up buying full mirror caps, theyve grown on me. Looks good i like it better than the white top.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stick on ones are backordered for a few months from everywhere anyway. I tried ordering from multiple companies and all of them had to refund me and said the manufacturer is backed up or something. I ended up buying full mirror caps, theyve grown on me. Looks good i like it better than the white top.
These cost me $127.18 with shipping. The ones on CarID that I was going to buy were $99.99 plus shipping and they were not available until mid January.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cleaned out my Expeditions engine bay with a toothbrush, sponge and dawn dish soap, actually cleaned everything up nice. Doing one vehicle is enough don’t know if i feel like doing another. Been browsing vids on YouTube and was looking through engine vids and came across this gem. 3V 5.4 ad from its release, shows all the internals at work quite cool and very intriguing

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bumped tires to 52 psi (load e 10 ply LT), changed rancho settings, changed oil, put vinyl on my pillars, glued on deflectors

TRIED to do tint on the liftgate glass, but messed up the attempt and the chosen % wasnt making much difference anyway so I tore it down again

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran across this video of 4.56 ring and pinion and ARB lockers being installed in a 07 I think Expedition.
And if u watch all the other videos of their build up of the Expedition.
Thought this was cool and had to share

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Funny you should post this, my expedition is currently away getting 4.56 nitro gears put in the front and rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyways with all bumper talk in here figured I’d share that I’ve got my WAM bumper ordered and should be mid January when it gets here. As you know I’ve finished my 1.5” body lift on the truck and maybe you guys know I blew the rear end. The trucks getting fixed and also getting 4.56 gears, I’ll try to document what I can on that. End of winter season it’ll also get 37s all around and Hutchinson beadlocks. But here’s and updated pic, can’t wait for the bumper and to be driving it again 27fd55f9b09a432d2996f7ded8e3e5da.jpg

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny you should post this, my expedition is currently away getting 4.56 nitro gears put in the front and rear

Sweet Brother, I can't wait to get mine swapped out. I finally found a transmission shop that will do mine for $1,250 that's the Yukon gears front and rear.
This low rpm's and loss of power is killing me.

Please let me know when u get it back how much difference you notice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk