What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well got my Rig back today from getting the 4.56 gears installed.. and man what a difference.
Nice to have the power back now I gotta find out who to call to get my speed odometer corrected..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Let the members know how the new gears changed your gas mileage. Thanks

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:D That's funny about your wife's car.

I'm a Freemason and one of the things we say is we make good men better, with that in mind, I wanted to explode and yell and scream, but really what would it have accomplished? I still would have damage and it wouldn't have solved the problem. I'm learning to subdue my passions and improve myself. It isn't easy and it's taken almost 60 years to get here. Now I just want to get it fixed. :)

That's a bummer. I don't think I could keep myself from yelling and getting really mad. Good for you. For the record I'm 67. I think the body shop should be able to blend that without a problem. If not they can repaint the bumper.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a bummer. I don't think I could keep myself from yelling and getting really mad. Good for you. For the record I'm 67. I think the body shop should be able to blend that without a problem. If not they can repaint the bumper.
It's got some very deep scratches and fiberglass is somewhat shredded. The truck has that metallic tri-coat paint which I've heard is hard to match. We'll have to wait and see.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let the members know how the new gears changed your gas mileage. Thanks
Well I got the rig back last Thursday and as of now its saying 13.1 . before the Gear change I was getting 11.2 mpg and that was all in town driving to work.
So this week I'm going to continue going to work in town and see what it says on Friday.
In town meaning long way to work avoiding the interstate.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've pondered these many times, after you install them can you post some shots of what they look like?

I just got the lights today since UPS sucks. I decided to post a photo pre-install though since the stock photos don't really portray them accurately imho.
The smoke tint is very light - lighter than the OEM lights on my Limited. The lights themselves are angled downward slightly, presumably so you don't blind oncoming traffic. DT Moto (eBay) packaged them nicely. Zero concern about them getting damaged in shipping the way they packed them. I'll post some more pics after I finish the retrofit and get them installed/

thumbnail.jpg

Plati

Reaction score
I drove it up through the Adirondacks, Green Mtns of VT, and White Mtns of NH. Skiing Loon Mtn next 3 days. The Noreaster is supposed to dump up to 2 feet of powder here next couple days. Ill take a picture after the heavy snow starts.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally went to get my Expedition from the tailgate repair, and there was a new chip in the paint on the hood, and a scratch across it. So today I heard I won't have it back until Thursday or Friday.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally went to get my Expedition from the tailgate repair, and there was a new chip in the paint on the hood, and a scratch across it. So today I heard I won't have it back until Thursday or Friday.

Well that just damn right sucks!!

Plati

Reaction score
As much as I understand and respect anyone's right to have whatever "feelings" for their vehicle ... At the end of the day, its a vehicle that drives down the road - gets dirty - scratched - crashed - vandalised - breaks - dings - rusts - and eventually goes to the junkyard. Its not a living room couch meant only for special guests or a piece of art to hang on the wall in a museum. The road is a brutal place, like at 50 mph behind a garbage truck on a gravel road. Sorry, rant over. Just a philosophy that's practical means of coping with the real world.