What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up the interior again. Used Shout Auto for the first time on all the seats, I’m sold. Cleans up cloth nicely.

Last edited:

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this to our 2016 expy. Any thought? Keep in mind the grill will most likely be blacked out at some point. Also excuse the poor Photoshop. 17149e6cf3c98acebd5fe83758d33484.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this to our 2016 expy. Any thought? Keep in mind the grill will most likely be blacked out at some point. Also excuse the poor Photoshop. 17149e6cf3c98acebd5fe83758d33484.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
We've done it to the wifes Gator as well as two of my friends F150s. The hardest part of the install was leveling the lights due to the angle of the bumper.dc11480387ceecc62a3b1bb66c548580.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I lubed up the damn running boards yet again w/ white lithium. January 2016 I had the driver side replaced and it started acting up January of this year while it was just within the 2-year part warranty despite being babied for the entirety of the 2 years. Of course Ford wouldn't do a damn thing. The other day it got stuck for the first time since being replaced and now it's thunking down the last 25% when it opens. I'll probably dismantle it to try and find the problem sometime this summer, but I just don't have the time right now.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I lubed up the damn running boards yet again w/ white lithium. January 2016 I had the driver side replaced and it started acting up January of this year while it was just within the 2-year part warranty despite being babied for the entirety of the 2 years. Of course Ford wouldn't do a damn thing. The other day it got stuck for the first time since being replaced and now it's thunking down the last 25% when it opens. I'll probably dismantle it to try and find the problem sometime this summer, but I just don't have the time right now.

Any idea how to DIY it without throwing money at the problem???

My '12 Gator L (99% certain same boards) does the same on driver's side, plus the driver's side board doesn't go all the way back up and pauses like an inch short in the back

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any idea how to DIY it without throwing money at the problem???

My '12 Gator L (99% certain same boards) does the same on driver's side, plus the driver's side board doesn't go all the way back up and pauses like an inch short in the back

They almost certainly are the same running boards. The service manager at my local dealership told me the ones on his F150 were the same as the Expedition and he said they were garbage. :p

I haven't tackled it yet, but my game plan is to disassemble as much as I can, clean it, lube it, and re-mount it. The motor itself can be disassembled and repaired if you have the expertise to do so (a mechanical engineer on another forum did it and repaired his motor for about $40 in parts). If you end up with a failed motor and can't repair it, a new one runs about $700 I think.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They almost certainly are the same running boards. The service manager at my local dealership told me the ones on his F150 were the same as the Expedition and he said they were garbage. :p

I haven't tackled it yet, but my game plan is to disassemble as much as I can, clean it, lube it, and re-mount it. The motor itself can be disassembled and repaired if you have the expertise to do so (a mechanical engineer on another forum did it and repaired his motor for about $40 in parts). If you end up with a failed motor and can't repair it, a new one runs about $700 I think.

Is it actually the motor though? Or the gears?