What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Took her for a 60mile ride to test the fuel economy tune i installed the other night. Got about 3.1 mpg gain.

Did you drive it normal or try to get every last mile out of the fuel !?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Playing with tune..on my laptop. Going to raise the torque converter lockup w.o.t. in first to try and take advantage of higher stall converter. Stock its set to lockup at 17mph full throttle which is appr 2,000 rpm. Installed a 2,200 to 2,400 stall with my tranny rebuild which it will never reach with lockup set at 2,000 rpms. Have to brake torque it in 2wd to test actual stall point with lockup disabled.

Interestingly with the stock tune anything below half throttle keeps it unlocked in 1st but then it is set to shift earlier.

Last edited:

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i pressure washed mine. its been sitting since early in the week when i figured out my brake pads are GONE. luckily the rotors are good so i parked it and ordered pads. they will be in tomorrow so after work its brake job time!

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did a full detail today. Interior got Megs Natural Shine protectant. Started exterior with Megs Ultimate Compound then Megs Ultimate Polish. Looks great with just those on it! Tomorrow I will finish with Megs Ultimate Wax and take some pics!

MEAN97'fordExpy

Reaction score
i took mine to the car wash because she was dirty from the inside. sand and all that. now she smells good. also i waxed it to shine it up. :D