What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got energetic in the interior...

Got sick of the OEM AM/FM/Cassette desk, so installed an old Alpine HU I've had kicking around unloved for years. It's a great unit that i ran on an old SQ system I had, now long retired.

Now I am going to have to great creative and get a good set of components and then figure out how to install them and the supporting amps without impacting interior space...

Decided not to continue with the bland and boring grey and black dash 'colour' scheme, so shot the mount adapter with a few layers of paint to match the exterior of the truck.

Exp_Stereo_01.jpg

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, and replaced the lights in the hvac control with the bright Sylvania's to match the instrument cluster.

Now maybe I can see where the heat settings are without guessing by feel...

hehe

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got energetic in the interior...

Got sick of the OEM AM/FM/Cassette desk, so installed an old Alpine HU I've had kicking around unloved for years. It's a great unit that i ran on an old SQ system I had, now long retired

Exp_Stereo_01.jpg

That's a damn good deck, I had a 7840 that was the first stereo I had ever bought when I was 18. I had it in 5 or 6 cars & trucks and eventually sold it to my buddy who used it for quite a while until he sold it. Wish I hadn't sold it now lol.

Sent from my Bag Phone using Tapatalk

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a damn good deck, I had a 7840 that was the first stereo I had ever bought when I was 18. I had it in 5 or 6 cars & trucks and eventually sold it to my buddy who used it for quite a while until he sold it. Wish I hadn't sold it now lol.

Sent from my Bag Phone using Tapatalk

It is a good one, has always suited my needs far better than others I've had.

Unfortunately, I have now found that it won't play any of my burned discs. It could be that it sat in mothballs too long or maybe the discs I have aren't suitable for the deck.

I'll have to play with disc brands and burning process to see if I can get something to play. I'd hate to dig up my factory CD media and carry it all around with me.

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drove about 100 miles driving my wife and her friends then washed and waxed her while my wife was doing the Warrior Dash.

Victor

LVExpedition

Reaction score

Well I rolled 150,000 miles. That's fun right. I washed her body and rims. Cleaned out the inside and got some AC recharger and another bottle of Lucas for the Transmission. Going to do all that after classes today. If you have an iPhone iPad mac or iPod and would like to be part of my Photo Stream PM me. Lots more photos there than I get here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69