What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered a new K&N intake for my 17. Should have it put in by this weekend. Not expecting huge gains but I know it will be better than oem

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well that's not helpful
I loved my 05. I had 146,000 miles on it when we traded it. I would have had to do cam phasers and timing chains and tune up in about 20,000 miles. It's biggest issue was rusted rockers, radiator support, and floorboards. Since the money worked out we bought the 17 because we travel to PA quite often in the summer and just wanted a newer vehicle.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rockers, floors, core support and timing chains were all just done :favorites37:
I'd say you are good. Just do regular oil changes at about 5-6 K so keep your cam phasers happy and lubricated. One thing to consider is putting in a high pressure oil pump, from what I hear it provides better lubrication for the cam phasers. You can also change the cam phaser solenoids if they haven't been done, that is supposed to be good for the cam phasers too.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still having check advanctrac problem... the code leads me to pedal positioning, (I have adjustable pedals) I might make a thread as I've searched on the forum with no luck for the past few days...
daa44bd624bc5622537d13366ab115d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No superior attitude

Broke my fair share of plastics in past, following "pro" advice about screwdrivers...

Went vinyl, issue resolved forever.

Whatever. I've been working on cars since long before you were born. It's time to lose the superior attitude Adieu. The clip was defective from the factory. It if you put a couple of ounces of pressure on something, it does matter what you use to push against it. If the plastic is pliable it will bend if it is hard it will break. Once it stops raining, I'll install my LED bulbs.