What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No its a 1-year old $66,000 truck I'm going to have it fixed correctly. If it was 10 years old, I would probably do that.

It wasn't the fault of the car wash it was fault of the drive who turned his wheel and jumped the track. I've been using this car wash for 10 years never had a problem before.

That sucks Andy I agree no touch up paint, heck my 10 year old expy is getting fixed the right way on my damaged wheel well in three days. That stinks and fight to get it right, the truck is too new to be dinged up. make them fix what the driver they insured caused.

Back in 2010 when the 2011 super duties were released my dad had one of the first ones out on the road locally, he had it about two weeks before the wheel well got smashed in. It happened in a Parking garage just after the attendant got done saying how gorgeous and amazing the truck was, just after he got it back from a mother board replacement that was bad on delivery. Yep that truck was a problem child the first month or so.

Last edited:

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Well this happened back on February 12th. I have been so pissed off about it that I haven't been able to talk about it. I was at the car wash on the conveyor and a guy in an Excursion, jumped out of the track and got stuck they had us so damned close that there was nothing to do, the guy in front of me hit the first car and the conveyor pushed me into the second car. So the first guy is at fault according to the video evidence from the car wash, so that makes the Excursion guy's insurance liable for the damage to all of the vehicles. So of course they are fighting it. I haven't taken it to a body shop yet to get an estimate. I'm still pissed off about it. The truck wasn't a year old yet and I had under 6000 miles on it.

I don't know if it bent anything underneath. I'm not looking forward to having to leave my truck at the bodyshop for a couple of days while the do whatever they have to do to fix it.

View attachment 24175
Sorry you have to deal with this Andy, hopefully it will be good as new soon.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Waiting for it to get back from dealer trying to address the peeling paint on the tailgate.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks Andy I agree no touch up paint, heck my 10 year old expy is getting fixed the right way on my damaged wheel well in three days. That stinks and fight to get it right, the truck is too new to be dinged up. make them fix what the driver they insured caused.

Back in 2010 when the 2011 super duties were released my dad had one of the first ones out on the road locally, he had it about two weeks before the wheel well got smashed in. It happened in a Parking garage just after the attendant got done saying how gorgeous and amazing the truck was, just after he got it back from a mother board replacement that was bad on delivery. Yep that truck was a problem child the first month or so.
I try to be very careful not to damage my vehicles and I have had vehicles for 10 years without damaging them other than normal stone chips. So having this happen to a practically brand new vehicle really pissed me off but I controlled myself and didn't go off when it happened.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I try to be very careful not to damage my vehicles and I have had vehicles for 10 years without damaging them other than normal stone chips. So having this happen to a practically brand new vehicle really pissed me off but I controlled myself and didn't go off when it happened.

Better self-control than I. When I sold my last SUV it was 15 y/o and didn't have so much as a door ding, so I get really pissed if anyone damages my vehicle. Now my wife's car is another story. That's her ride so I expect it to get banged up. :D

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Question: anyone knows if the roof rack can handle the pressure of a rachetting tie down strap or will it give out and pull up or off the roof?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better self-control than I. When I sold my last SUV it was 15 y/o and didn't have so much as a door ding, so I get really pissed if anyone damages my vehicle. Now my wife's car is another story. That's her ride so I expect it to get banged up. :D
:D That's funny about your wife's car.

I'm a Freemason and one of the things we say is we make good men better, with that in mind, I wanted to explode and yell and scream, but really what would it have accomplished? I still would have damage and it wouldn't have solved the problem. I'm learning to subdue my passions and improve myself. It isn't easy and it's taken almost 60 years to get here. Now I just want to get it fixed. :)

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: anyone knows if the roof rack can handle the pressure of a rachetting tie down strap or will it give out and pull up or off the roof?
If I'm not mistaken the max weight you can put on the roof rack is 200 lbs. If what you are strapping down is sitting on the cross bars and you are only using the ratcheting straps from one roof bar to the other there shouldn't be any danger of pulling out the screws.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire