What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
there's orange coolant dripping off the frame plain as day. I look over and see it coming down the crankshaft pulley from above. Son of a ...!! Well, better to find this in my own driveway then while I'm out in the woods or 200 miles from home on a job.
The water pump has a weep hole that starts leaking when the pump starts going bad. Changing immediately is optimal as the weep hole is put there to warn you that it is starting to go bad and needs attention.

That being said,
I had a work colleague of mine drive it like that for 2 years on his F150 daily driver W/4.6 triton

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Washed with Chemical Guys Clean Slate

Buffed out paint scuffs with ScratchX 2.0

One pass with Chemical Guys cutting polish

Towel buff

One pass with Chemical Guys Optical Polish

Towel buff

Two coats Chemical Guys Hydro ceramic

New windshield wipers

Cleaned/Rain X'ed the windows

I still can't believe this is a 14 year old truck. The previous owner took great care of it.

20210131_131915.jpg 20210131_131922.jpg20210131_131932.jpg

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The water pump has a weep hole that starts leaking when the pump starts going bad. Changing immediately is optimal as the weep hole is put there to warn you that it is starting to go bad and needs attention.

That being said,
I had a work colleague of mine drive it like that for 2 years on his F150 daily driver W/4.6 triton

Yep, I am aware. :) It was more of a sob by the time I found it. :D

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally ordered a set of Gorilla lugs for just under $80 OOP. At this point I have replaced all 24 original lugs with Ford OEM and some of the replacements are already starting to swell a bit, so it was time to give the Gorillas a try.

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I found a small puddle under my truck of what I thought at the time was trans fluid. It had already soaked into the pavement though and my nose isn't what it used to be after getting COVID last March, so I wasn't certain. Several days later I noticed a squeal in the engine, but it was primarily only at cold start and only after the truck had been sitting for a bit. I finally was able to catch it with a stethoscope and found it was coming from the water pump. I decided to pull the belt, so I could try to spin the coolant pulley by hand to see if it made any noise. No noise, but it was dragging a little. Satisfied it was indeed the water pump, I put the belt back on. Then I crawled under the truck to make sure the belt was sitting in all the pulley grooves and wouldn't you know it, there's orange coolant dripping off the frame plain as day. I look over and see it coming down the crankshaft pulley from above. Son of a ...!! Well, better to find this in my own driveway then while I'm out in the woods or 200 miles from home on a job. Luckily, I already had a water pump, gasket and pulley on hand as it was on my to do list when I changed out the coolant in the spring. Now what I want to be doing when it's 20F outside (and about 40F in the garage), but that's how I spent my evening. Water pump had a bit of rust, was indeed dragging a little and the gasket had lost most of its pliability - but I still couldn't get it to make a peep. Nonetheless, the whining is gone and no more leak. I do need to finish bleeding the system in the AM, but I'm out of steam for the evening. :p

I usally just dip my finger in and taste test :) haha, yea most of it taste nasty as hell. But at least I know what it is :)

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good. I noticed someone swapped out the original lugs on your truck. Probably had them explode like mine. :D
The dealer I bought it from (used) did that before I saw the truck. They wouldn't have been my choice but they seem to work OK. I'll probably end up with a set of Gorillas if I keep the vehicle long enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990