Tablet android installed on my 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

That's an Arcos product running Ice Cream Sandwich with something like Centrafuse . . . would you mind sharing more about the hardware and software you used?

Did you record the installation, or do you have any diagrams about the hookup to the FORD amps etc?

THX

nardone24

Reaction score
I like it!!!! Plus one on knowing a little more about it tho... Im working on a ipad 3 install on my truck and im stuck on the sound output. No matter what i do the sound doesnt come out right.

Post more info

OP
OP
M

mloureirojr

Reaction score
Ok this is a very easy instalation took me a month to figure out how to do it and the sound rock even without a amp...

Why a Tablet on the truck?

- Gps turn by turn even when off line internet
- TuneIn radio all radios of the world free..Sirius radio killer
- Mkv player or bluray, today there is not a car radio bluray decent, once I downloaded all my movies in 720p and 1080p wanted to be to watch thoses movies in HD,
- HDMI screen on truck, this is my next project, I already found a couple of Sunroof 20" hdmi inputs with 12V hard to find a little pricey but it exist..
- 2T hard drive , All my media I have movies clips mp3 player I have connect at home with mac mini and Plex server, once I go for a trip just disconect my hard drive and hook it on my truck.
-netflix I dont use but never know
- thousand of app utlity like gas buddy

How much cost a nice Or decent dvd player with gps and bluetooth from pioneer?

$1200 and up?

how much I spent?

around $400

Archos Tablet top one 8" this is the closer of a doubledin, this tablet cost $199 free shipping on newegg com it has 1.5ghz ICS 4.0 installed Hdmi outout and plays 1080 easy

Here is the million dollar question how the hell you amp the sound...nobody saw but behind the tablet has a really nice $99 from bestbuy Media receiver from JVC, nice why? when I turn the car off and back on volume and input stays where you left before you turn the car off so really once you adjust vol bass treble and setup the bluetooth does not matter if the unit is expouse or not...I decide to hidden and bluetooth work nice...Model is Gdx50bt I'm pretty sure and only cost me $99 so Id you want more power for the sound just install amps after the radio media receiver....

Apps

To manage turn on and off the tablet I use a App called Tasker remember the device has to be rooted...google it

it a really easy instalation but here I gave all the tips and you guys can have Fun now ...Sorry about my english I'm Brazilian living in USA and my hobbie is play with eletronics..

Also I'm a Apple lover I have all apple device I was gonna go with Ipad but is too big....and Android is easier to do custom setups...

Ipad 3 mini it may work but remeber to do this has to be jailbreak and the next jailbreak will take a least 3 or 4 months....

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use iHikeGPS on my 4s, and have thought of an iPad for a solution.
A: will your set p integrate with Sirius, Pandora is not an option here;
B: besides the retardedly expensive DeLorme mapping software, is there an Android based topo program that is equivalent to the iHike?

C: How do you upload media to it? is there a remote USB port?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is real nice...you can buy a head unit for less than $1200...just have to shop around...JVC makes a HU with gps/bt/dvd player....i have pioneer and paid $800...downfall for me is not having the harddrive...but my travelers can still watch movies in the front/rear while i use gps...

this is a good mod and is better than putting an intire ipad in it...good job

OP
OP
M

mloureirojr

Reaction score