07 Expedition EB 4x4 wiw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm getting ready to list my Expy and I want to post it with a realistic price. Do you think $4,000 is about right or too much? Here is what it is...:

2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4
Navigation
Entertainment
Leather w/ rear captain chairs. Great shape. No rips etc. Clean.

Runs like a top. Solid driver. Good tires. Needs windshield.
Usual tailgate pealing
Rotted rockers replaced, but ends not finished.
Ravelco security

20180920_182256_29886841067_o.jpg

imag0398_36485684016_o.jpg

expy-drdoor-open-2_36363755722_o.jpg

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a realistic price, in fact I’d start at maybe $5,500 and come down to 5 or 4500. it’s got a lot of miles but you obviously took care of it.

The 2007 I just purchased is a similar deal but with a lot less miles than yours. Rockers were replaced as well and interior/exterior were in exceptional shape like yours. It had leaking manifold and poor tire tread. I knew manifolds would run me a bit in labor so I beat him up for a grand on that (mechanic charged me $450 in labor for both sides so I made out). I already had the parts on hand for those. Tires were another point to work with.

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You seem pretty handy, rebuilding your newer wrecked Expedition, so I'm wondering why not fix the tailgate corrosion to the best of your ability?

Key to selling is minimizing buyer objections. Ditto on the windshield, $300 & its done.

Otherwise $4K seems fair. Donating to a 501C3 that will actually make use of it, not simply resell it, could be the best disposal of the truck if you really aren't needing the cash.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Need the cash. If I can get $4k as is I'd be happy. I can sand, prime and spray the tailgate but, that's materials and time for me that I don't have right now. I'd rather sell it as is. Windshield, I have three windshields that need to be replaced. One less will help... I've sold hundreds of cars privately, but I just wasn't quite sure about pricing this one.

Thanks for your opinions!

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off-topic, but how has it treated you?

Have an 08 Expedition and certainly hope that it will treat me well. I've put around 60k on it in 3+ years and hope there's another 60 in it. Sitting at 174k currently.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
A beautiful car.

Look on CraigsList in your part of Virginia and price it less than the mutts with twelve cars on sale in their backyards. There's so much junk out there, you'll do fine once your find a buyer with money.

The problem up here is that anyone with $2000 cash leases a new car. I think you may be in a better situation where you are.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Windshields are cheap

Fill out the quote request on Safelite, THEN WAIT --- they'll send you a $60 discount offer several days later

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Off-topic, but how has it treated you?
Have an 08 Expedition and certainly hope that it will treat me well. I've put around 60k on it in 3+ years and hope there's another 60 in it. Sitting at 174k currently.
I couldn't have asked for much better. Other than being a bit of a bear to change the plugs and the foolish cracked passenger exhaust manifold issue, it's been a fantastic rig. It owes me nothing really.

A beautiful car.

Look on CraigsList in your part of Virginia and price it less than the mutts with twelve cars on sale in their backyards. There's so much junk out there, you'll do fine once your find a buyer with money.

The problem up here is that anyone with $2000 cash leases a new car. I think you may be in a better situation where you are.
That's usually the route I take. I check out what they're asking for like vehicles and go from there.

Thanks again for the comments.