15-17 LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This morning I drove in a 2017 GMC 1500 Denali with the projector headlights. I don’t know if it’s just me but I was not impressed by the projector headlamps. Maybe it’s just the GM headlights but I thought they would be a lot better since a lot people talk great things about projectors. I have oem reflector lights on my expedition and I can honestly say the reflector lights are just as good.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
This morning I drove in a 2017 GMC 1500 Denali with the projector headlights. I don’t know if it’s just me but I was not impressed by the projector headlamps. Maybe it’s just the GM headlights but I thought they would be a lot better since a lot people talk great things about projectors. I have oem reflector lights on my expedition and I can honestly say the reflector lights are just as good.
It's pretty typical for oem projectors to have poor performance. Sometimes it can be the bulbs used, can be the lens or even just a poor design. Drive something with either a retrofit or quality oem projectors and you'll understand why projectors are better

Ive never had a 2017 Denali in front of me but chances are its a combo of all 3 issues I listed.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty typical for oem projectors to have poor performance. Sometimes it can be the bulbs used, can be the lens or even just a poor design. Drive something with either a retrofit or quality oem projectors and you'll understand why projectors are better

Ive never had a 2017 Denali in front of me but chances are its a combo of all 3 issues I listed.

My fathers sister has a denali Yukon that ive driven a few times, the headlights suck, my stock halogens put her lights to shame.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
My fathers sister has a denali Yukon that ive driven a few times, the headlights suck, my stock halogens put her lights to shame.
Not sure about the new ones but the old ones used a Fresnel lens to diffuse the output so its not so harsh for oncoming traffic. They also used ****** bulbs so that didn't help

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the new ones but the old ones used a Fresnel lens to diffuse the output so its not so harsh for oncoming traffic. They also used ****** bulbs so that didn't help

Could also be the aim of them... they aren't unbearable just, not the best you know? truthfully mine are only somewhat better but they are aimed well. I just think if you pay upward of 70k for a vehicle you should have great lighting.

I find your lighting projects interesting and ponder the idea of better lighting time to time. I just don't know that the look would fit the XLT and I have pretty good vision yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69