150K oil report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Carden

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use motorcraft 5w-30 here in Texas because of the heat here and the oil is cheap as you can buy at Walmart.
Those electric running boards are an easy fix. They all seize up because of lack of internal lubrications. Take them off and drill a small hole in the gearbox squirt it full of motor oil, any brand and then tread a screw in the hole. Now put the hole in a smart spot so you don’t have to take the boards off again to get to it. I used a small Allen screw and put oil in mine once a year. I still have the original set on mine.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
There appears to be an issue with your reading comprehension. The image is in front of you and lists a conventional oil. Furthermore, it indicates specs (WSS-M2C930-A / ILSAC GF-4) that - despite your confusion - do not indicate a synthetic blend.

Again, those specs are satisfied by - at the very least - every mainstream conventional oil on the market. Here is Quaker State's 5W-20 conventional oil TDS, which indicates it meets those specs. You will find the same indication on all of the mainstream conventional oils.
What are you looking at? I see Premium syn-blend and Super Premium full synthetic. Syn-blend has been an industry standard for Ford over a decade. M2C930-A is an obsolete, 'minimum performance requirement'. The dealer uses syn-blend, unless synthetic is requested. My Craftsman lawn tractor, recommends synthetic. The 5.4l 3V needs proper and religious maintenance.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As always Manup, we appreciate you posting these reports as others do. It's helpful to reinforce that "if you take care of it, it takes care of you".

Hate to break it to you guys but other smarter-than-me guys will agree, any of those oils, changed regularly along with the filter, will take good care of your engine....it's analogous to "playing semantics"....it's the clean oil that really matters, more than the type....fwiw

jeff

I did not mean to set off an avalanche...oil threads are dangerous

Plati

Reaction score
As always Manup, we appreciate you posting these reports as others do. It's helpful to reinforce that "if you take care of it, it takes care of you".

Hate to break it to you guys but other smarter-than-me guys will agree, any of those oils, changed regularly along with the filter, will take good care of your engine....it's analogous to "playing semantics"....it's the clean oil that really matters, more than the type....fwiw

jeff

I did not mean to set off an avalanche...oil threads are dangerous
I agree with Jeff (on this one LOL). However, its my opinion from reading things over the years that synthetic oils lubrication is superior to conventional oil. It might be that its better able to withstand higher heat, less likely to breakdown over time, something else - not sure!

So I don't think you can go wrong (except for the additional cost) of going full or semi synthetic. I also don't think you're going to have an issue with conventional oil. I've run conventional oil 5W20 in my Expy 5.4 engines since 1999 and it has performed well.

I also am convinced that MUOSU is correct on the spec & owners manual, from googling a bit. Oddly enough my 2003 Expy owners manual calls for 5W20 Premium synthetic.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always use the Motor-craft synthetic blend stuff and ford filter, just changed it yesterday. Pretty cheap, cost $42 altogether to do it myself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2