18 Expedition - End of year sales?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fcong

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm thinking to get a full size SUV for my family (currently driving an Acura MDX). Would like to know if there will be any huge end of year sales event from Ford. Should I wait until Dec?

Is there any particular trim level I should consider? After reading several posts, it looks like the best option for the buck would be XLT+201A. However, I do like the fact that my MDX has a blind spot monitoring system and adaptive cruise control. I guess I should go with XLT+202A+Driver Assistance? Any suggestions?

If you've recently purchased one, can you let me know your trim level, MSRP and OTD?

Thanks!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will likely run more incentives now as we run into November and December to get them out the door. Likely will negotiate more too.

If you can live without blind spot and adaptive cruise the more basic XLT is a good value, after all most drivers do live without. Adaptive cruise and blind spot are still nice to have, I guess it all depends what your budget is.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Relying on tech equals lazy driving.

I disagree with you 100%

Driving “tech” such as blind spot detection, rear view camera, rear cross traffic alert, etc. assists the driver - it does not replace the requirement for the driver to be aware of the conditions around the vehicle.

I guess you don’t like ABS brakes, airbag systems, seatbelt pre tensioner, etc. - since all are “tech”?

I ordered my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with the Ford BLIS system, as I have a similar system on another vehicle. I like the rear view camera and rear alert system too. Anything that can help avoid an accident is worth it for me.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relying on tech equals lazy driving.

Agreed, dangerous to get too reliant on it. I know a few people who seem to have forgotten how to drive without it and are hazardous in most vehicles now. Don’t look behind them, don’t check mirrors often, etc. One ran over a huge garbage can and contractor bags plus hit a mailbox after that yesterday and blaimed it on “no backup camera” or “lane keep assist”..... and drove away, driving her husbands spare 05’ F-150. I stopped and picked up their mess because it was a buddy and his wife and she was angry and drove off. They are still nice to have but not to be reliant on. I find I don’t even check the backup cameras often it’s safer to use the mirrors and rear window IMO, they help for checking low and that’s why I give them a glance for check. But I don’t use it when I start backing up. As far as BLIS it’s meh, the Expedition has fairly low blind spots because of the big mirrors and windows, I can see cars that are usually a vehicles “blind spot” in my mirrors, also added on those little corner mirrors that face the “blind spot” area long ago, good $20 investment. Again still doesn’t hurt to have the safety tech, but it’s not do or die.

45D5E0BB-9961-459F-86ED-5BA6078B9674.jpeg

Last edited:

rs4-380

Reaction score
I think you will be disappointed if you are looking for HUGE end of year sales. I don't believe the 2018's are sitting on dealer lots long enough for there to be any kind of over-supply. If dealers can't keep them on the lot there won't be situations where the 2019's are sitting next to leftover 2018's, and therefore there won't be big discounts on 2018's.

As to equipment levels, it's a cost/benefit thing and you have to find the spot you are comfortable with. I don't fully agree that tech makes for lazy drivers, but in my experience, when paired with sound driving skills, it certainly makes it easier and less stressful to drive a big vehicle. For instance I've never been a big user of back-up cameras, but I find myself using the 360 degree camera alot when parking to get centered in spots and I know my wife appreciates that the car can parallel park itself. That being said we all have budgets so you have to determine if all of it is worth it to you.

OP
OP
F

fcong

Reaction score
I think you will be disappointed if you are looking for HUGE end of year sales. I don't believe the 2018's are sitting on dealer lots long enough for there to be any kind of over-supply. If dealers can't keep them on the lot there won't be situations where the 2019's are sitting next to leftover 2018's, and therefore there won't be big discounts on 2018's.

I think there is a general understanding that for any given outgoing model, Nov and Dec are probably the months that one can get a significant discount.

By the way, according to http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2018/10/large-suv-sales-in-america-september-2018/, YTD sales of Expedition is not very impressive (comparing to last year's sales record).

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
2018 Expy Limited Max 4x4, tow pac, 301A, Enhanced Park Assist, LED headlamps, rear seat entertainment, cargo package. MSRP $79,100. I offered $69 and they took it. Bought this month (Oct).

So far you take the trophy for best deal!

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score