2000 Expedition 4x4, no front diff center disconnect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manlavi95

Reaction score
I've been trying to visually diagnose the inoperable 4x4 in my truck and I can't seem to find the rumored center disconnect on the front diff. Did they do away with that on the 99+ models that don't have 2WD, but only A4WD, 4Hi, and 4Lo? That would make one less vacuum line to worry about, I guess.

Joseph Burgess

Reaction score
If u want to just run 2wd do the brown wire mod and it will disable the A4wd, I did and works great now it works just like a standard set up, with just the three drive modes, I ran an optional switch to the mod so I can have the auto o highway for slick stuff if needed

Joseph Burgess

Reaction score
Never mind I reread your post and see u have an inoperable 4wd so guess the mod won’t help

OP
OP
Manlavi95

Manlavi95

Reaction score
Never mind I reread your post and see u have an inoperable 4wd so guess the mod won’t help

The A4WD actually works fine, I just can't find the issue with my 4Hi and 4Lo. I also have a brown wire switch on my A4WD.