2002 Exp passenger running board lights out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB02Exp

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve scoured the threads and found answers to everything but the problem at hand. I bought my Expedition about 2 years ago and it had small issues here and there and I’ve been slowly getting to them all. Bulbs, brackets, tires, fluids, and filters.

The one thing I can’t seem to figure out are the running board lights on the passenger side. The driver side lights up fine. I checked the interior fuse panel and the Underwood box. I know there was a small fuse box on most Expeditions but when I looked at my box it was totally different.

In fact a lot of the wiring is different. After reading more threads it all looks identical to that of an 03 F150. There are no signs of a swap so it seems like it came that way. Problem is, F150s don’t have the same running boards. Does anyone have any ideas? Nothing else is non functional so I can’t narrow it down that way either :-/
DAE8505A-8B59-41DA-BCB3-11AAE4F0E01C.jpeg 95389A5C-B9AF-4B08-A321-1FFB5299A0E5.jpeg

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site - we are a very diverse group here. Some like myself "aren't right in the head".

First thing is to check the bulbs with a meter - just looking at them doesn't tell you everything. Second is to verify power and continuity to ground in the bulb socket with the meter. Third is to follow the harness looking for an "open" in the wiring.

Do you have a meter and know how to read wiring diagrams?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's possible you have a early 2003 model that was registered as a 2002. 2003 had the 1 fuse box in the passenger kick panel vs the 2 boxes, 1 under hood drivers side, and 1 under dash drivers side. Like Stamp said, check all sockets on power side, as well as ground. On my 2000 their was 1 fuse for both, I pulled it completely, I didn't want battery draining while listening to stereo with doors open. To me running board lights are kinda useless, as I rarely have passengers. If they can't see a floor board, they've got other problems.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk