2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just read through the thread. Nice build, was fun to follow along. Hope you keep it up!

Thanks, Lucidor!

I did just pick up an Edge programmer today. Bought it off a guy on Craigslist. Bought it for $150 but had to pay another $100 to unlock the vin. Used it to up the tune a little bit and adjust for the 35" tires and 4.56 gears. I called the dealer to see if they would adjust the computer for the tires and gears and they said they only adjust to stock settings. I guess their way of not being liable for anything that happens to the vehicle because of a non stock tune/setting.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, Lucidor!

I did just pick up an Edge programmer today. Bought it off a guy on Craigslist. Bought it for $150 but had to pay another $100 to unlock the vin. Used it to up the tune a little bit and adjust for the 35" tires and 4.56 gears. I called the dealer to see if they would adjust the computer for the tires and gears and they said they only adjust to stock settings. I guess their way of not being liable for anything that happens to the vehicle because of a non stock tune/setting.
Bob I didn't Kno that u had 4.56 gears installed
Was it after u had the 35's put on ?
I'm getting mine very soon and can't wait this loss of power and constantly going in and out of O/D is Killin me..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bob I didn't Kno that u had 4.56 gears installed
Was it after u had the 35's put on ?
I'm getting mine very soon and can't wait this loss of power and constantly going in and out of O/D is Killin me..

Hi Scoot! Yea, I had them installed right after Christmas. She pulls much better and just feels more nimble and responsive. Been playing with the programmer a bit. It's fairly basic but I think I've managed to get my speedo back in line. Haven't played with the shift points much other than using the "edge" presets.

Did you get your bumper installed? Haven't seen pictures of it yet!

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Scoot! Yea, I had them installed right after Christmas. She pulls much better and just feels more nimble and responsive. Been playing with the programmer a bit. It's fairly basic but I think I've managed to get my speedo back in line. Haven't played with the shift points much other than using the "edge" presets.

Did you get your bumper installed? Haven't seen pictures of it yet!
Man.. not yet still sitting n the shop.. I can't seem to get a break to get back at it. Hopefully soon
Yeah I met have missed the update about u getting the gears .. but glad u got them installed.
Lord knows I can't wait to get mine installed.hahah
Yeah I have read about people flashing custom tuner profile on 35's and bigger.
Im sure it makes sense difference as I have read the users end results.
Most of them was great results but some did bork their vehicle during the flash. But I think it was something the user did wrong but idk.
I was thinking of getting one BUT I seen the prices of what they cost and yeah I don't want it that bad at least not ATM..hahhah

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man.. not yet still sitting n the shop.. I can't seem to get a break to get back at it. Hopefully soon
Yeah I met have missed the update about u getting the gears .. but glad u got them installed.
Lord knows I can't wait to get mine installed.hahah
Yeah I have read about people flashing custom tuner profile on 35's and bigger.
Im sure it makes sense difference as I have read the users end results.
Most of them was great results but some did bork their vehicle during the flash. But I think it was something the user did wrong but idk.
I was thinking of getting one BUT I seen the prices of what they cost and yeah I don't want it that bad at least not ATM..hahhah

Hey I totally get it! It took me forever to get mine mounted as well. Still isn't quite where I want it but close enough to not be high on the priority list. I do still want to get it painted properly though... I'm beginning to see a little rush come thru the primer. The update on the gears is on page 46 and 47... you were interested in seeing some pictures so I managed to get a few :).

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well got the bumper on and love it still got some finishing touches I got to do.
But I noticed that the sides doesn't meet evenly with the front wheel well trim. I thought it was me but I looked at your and it's the same way.
Wondering why WAM didn't have the corners of the bumper same width as the factory trim ??

Now gotta get the Winch and lights [emoji3][emoji3]a8448cbba44224e7b9341749169eeb92.jpg594bac58ed541140d4101f423ee33f2e.jpg

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well got the bumper on and love it still got some finishing touches I got to do.
But I noticed that the sides doesn't meet evenly with the front wheel well trim. I thought it was me but I looked at your and it's the same way.
Wondering why WAM didn't have the corners of the bumper same width as the factory trim ??

Now gotta get the Winch and lights [emoji3][emoji3]a8448cbba44224e7b9341749169eeb92.jpg594bac58ed541140d4101f423ee33f2e.jpg

Hey Scoot!! That looks AWESOME! Great job getting that mounted!

Yea, your ends tie in to the fenders exactly like mine did. I'm not sure why WAM didn't design the ends to match. The bumper design may have been leveraged from an F-150 or something where the ends match better. Could also be they didn't want to try to match too closely to avoid having to control dimensions too closely. With a little welding the ends can be made to blend in nicely.

Hey, which shackles did you go with? They look great! I don't have any yet so trying to get ideas.

Thanks, Scoot!

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Shackles I got at Tractor Supply bc I'm always there getting feed n stuff. They are 1" 10 or 12,000lb can't remember. They was like $15 each. On bumpy roads they are quite they don't bang or chatter against the bumper
177a2f55c6c0be1a98a37d94aa0b472d.jpgf53e6cbca0245f8fdabe83e602fc0511.jpg274e61eb4e59f31c9dd74ed8699b52c2.jpg126352078527101378bb2782655ffe8f.jpg

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Shackles I got at Tractor Supply bc I'm always there getting feed n stuff. They are 1" 10 or 12,000lb can't remember. They was like $15 each. On bumpy roads they are quite they don't bang or chatter against the bumper
177a2f55c6c0be1a98a37d94aa0b472d.jpgf53e6cbca0245f8fdabe83e602fc0511.jpg274e61eb4e59f31c9dd74ed8699b52c2.jpg126352078527101378bb2782655ffe8f.jpg

Love the pics! Looks bad ass! :)

How did you end up mounting it? You did a great job!!