2003--sticker reads "Class IV Trailer Tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kistler

Reaction score
What does this mean--do I have the whole package? The hitch is "built-in" like they all are, I think. What I want to know is do I have the larger trans cooler? Anything else "enhanced" ?

Under "Optional Equipment" it reads I have the 3.73 axle.

G

Class IV is just the type of hitch, should be rated at 5,000 LB It doesn't mean you have the complete tow package.

OP
OP
K

Kistler

Reaction score
I was afraid of that. :) How can I tell what mine has from the VIN # or the sticker on the driver's door? I know that stuff is coded.

Kistler

G

An easy check for the tow package is a little radiator in front the big radiator. The little one i sto cool the oil better. I don't know if that is how Expeditions do their oil cooling for tow packages, but that's how it was in my Jeep.

OP
OP
K

Kistler

Reaction score
Thank you for helping me out with this. :) I called the dealer and he (sales mgr.) says that if it has an auxillary fins/coils then it for sure has it--the tow pkg.--and it has the pre-wired stuff because all I had to do was plug in my brake controller.

Actually there are two extra fin things--one is about 3" x 10" and the other is about 6" x 10"....

Wonder what the other one is for?

Kistler

PS--can the sales mgr. be trusted? :) I know they hate whining and complaining.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what you say above, then yes, you have the factory tow package, which all come with "Super Cooling", which is Aux Oil Cooler (one of the extra radiators), tranny cooler (the other radiator), and the tow bar setup with factory wiring. You should also have a remote mounted oil filter, but I am not sure with '03 (my '98EB has it).

If you want to check the VIN, use this decoder:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp