2003 XLT Low oil pressure??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought this '03 XLT about a month ago and began driving today (August 1st) and I noticed that when I turn the key twice just before starting the truck, and leave the key turned so that the battery light is on, the info pane reads "LOW OIL PRESSURE" and then that message goes away when the engine is started/running.

Question is, basically, does that mean it actually has low oil pressure and is this a serious issue?

If so.. What is low oil pressure, how do I fix this problem, etc.

Also are the service engine lights still supposed to remain on when the trucks key is turned twice before starting and left like that? (When the truck is started and the engine is running I receive no messages and no lights or warnings).

Thanks for all the help guys this forum has been great so far!

First 2 pics are the engine off and the key turned and the second 2 pics are the engine running.

e7adahar.jpguse2u7en.jpgtyhymu9u.jpge7ujyhe4.jpg

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This all seems fine to me, the message center is reading low oil pressure because there is none with the engine off. The lights being on before startup are that way to confirm the bulbs work.

Make sure to stay up on your oil changes and you shouldn't have a problem!

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This all seems fine to me, the message center is reading low oil pressure because there is none with the engine off. The lights being on before startup are that way to confirm the bulbs work.

Make sure to stay up on your oil changes and you shouldn't have a problem!

Thanks buddy that's what I was somewhat thinking as well because u checked the oil and it seemed fine as well as the oil pressure gauge reading that it was OK on oil and then the systems scan reading the same thing! But thanks for the help man! Preciate it!