2004 Expedition rear window stuck down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effingpot

Reaction score
Appreciate any help - bit of a novice when it comes to cars
2004 Expedition Eddie Bauer, located in England.

This morning I pressed the down button for all 4 windows and they went down. When I went to put them up - they all went up except one rear window. I need to get it up before the rain starts and hopefully fix it too!

There is absolutely no sound, nothing when i try to get it back up. I think all the power windows are on the same fuse so it must be to do with this specific one.

I got the door panel off and I'm staring at this lot - no clue what to do!
If anyone can help me a) get it closed and b) work out how to fix it I would be grateful.

Thanks
Mike

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the light switch light up? Have you tried jiggling the rubber boot where the wires go from the body to the door? Maybe one has chafed and not completing the circuit.

If all else fails you could try getting a battery and connecting directly to the window motor, at least so you can close it before it rains. Lemme look up the wiring real quick.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems the "up" feed is the brown/yellow wire going to the motor. The "down" feed is the

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems the "up" feed is the brown/yellow wire going to the motor. The "down" feed is the brown wire. I take it the motor is grounded to the frame, so touch the negative lead to the frame, and the other to the pin that corresponds to the up feed.

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
After stripping and rebuilding what I could it decided to start working for no apparent reason - maybe was something loose.