2005 In dash 6 disc changer not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtman

Reaction score
I've heard that sometime you can take these apart and get them going again?

I looked at the 05 nav unit and it uses a different wiring harness. Would it work if I wired it up?

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to open my 03 6-disk inface and it had left a small spring in the bottom of the case. I pulled out the CDs and now just run the radio. I am very handy with electronics and this was not worth the time. Pick up a 2-din alpine on ebay for half the cost of the OEM. Just my .02

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think i would agree. Just get a good aftermarket. You'll get a better radio with better sound, more features at lest cost.

OP
OP
M

mtman

Reaction score
How do the rear dvd, sub, and steering wheel controls work with an aftermarket radio?

Also, ebay lists alot of chinese made double dins for a fraction of the cost. Has anybody used one of these?

thebeast1190

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe there is a steering wheel interface you can buy when you install a aftermarket radio. In my 99 the rear controls no longer worked after I removed the stock radio.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will needs an interface to keep the steering wheel controls...bout $30 max