2007 Expedition Limited Vegas trip gas milage report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty90272

Reaction score
Going to Vegas on Sunday night, August 21st, 7PM to 1200PM doing 75 to 80

Average 19.0 MPG. Little traffic.

Approximately 300 miles

Return trip: More traffic. 10AM to 300PM August 24. Again doing about 70 to 80MPH.

20.7 MPG.

My Expedition has 85,000 miles and drove like a champ.

Should I bother with a chip or other mods for gas economy?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes...will only improve...exhaust...gotts mod or some other intake and programmer with a fuel saver/economy setting

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats damn good but you can always do better... I am happy if I get 14 on the highway...lol

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i do use a programmer...i have a superchips cortex 1950...im in the minority...most on here use the Edge of ECS programmer...i know theyre great for HP...not sure about MPG...others will let you know...

i couldnt be happier with my superchips cortex 1950...3 settings...GAS X (saver)...87 performance and 91 performance...i go back and forth with the GAS X and 87 performance...performance really wakes the engine up and becomes a beast...not good if youre in a city with a lot of lights...but you can feel the power/throttle response/take off is insane...love this setting...but not always easy on my pockets...so i tend to use this on the weekends...

GAS saver is well worth it...i get as good of gas mileage during the week as my wife does in her altima...but i usually get sent on errands so i drive more...im about 23 mpg on the hwy...and 19 city...

OP
OP
R

Rusty90272

Reaction score
GAS saver is well worth it...i get as good of gas mileage during the week as my wife does in her altima...but i usually get sent on errands so i drive more...im about 23 mpg on the hwy...and 19 city...

Question...if you didn't have the chip, what would your MPG be?

Just seeing if it is worth it from a gas-saving point of view. The truck has enough HP for me; I don't speed or tow.

Thank you!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bout 16 city...20 hwy...guessing cuz i've had the programmer for a while and dont remember the numbers from yrs ago...my mods then were the exhaust/intake