2008 drivers window issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave91gt

Reaction score
Hello all. New member. Just recently traded a 2003 Expy with 170K for a 2008 EB 4X4 with 54K. Got a great deal. The 03 had the headgasket leak and was pouring oil, rearend was howling and it needed tires. This is my wifes ride (I have a new F150). Anyway, I acquired the 03 from a coworker that bought my 01 Excursion. The expy was part of the deal + cash (it was a 7.3). Anyway, I drove it for a couple of months with longterm plans to buy a truck. The wife, being the kind soul that she is, told me to trade her Explorer in on the truck (1 payment) and she would keep the expy. She put about 6,000 miles on it and the headgasket leak kept getting worse. So we decided to get her into something newer. We looked forever and ended up checking out the 08 we ended up buying. I noticed at the dealership that the motor looked a little clean for the mileage and found out the original owner traded it in on a new one. The motor was warrantied by Ford (new longblock) and the dealer put it on the lot. As part of the deal, I said the bubbling hatch and hood had to be repaired and the pass side power running board needed to be fixed. Dropped it off today (two weeks later) to get them taken care of.
OK, enough of the book. Like I said-first post. But, I have some questions.
The drivers side front wheel sounds like the IWE may be engaging. I have them looking at it. It changes sound when I put it in 4wd (goes away). Is this a common issue? Is it likely the IWE junked itself it is just the solenoid? I jacked it up and verified it was locked. The started it up and the wheel turned free. Locked it in 4wd and it pulled in. But this was on a jackstand in the garage. Hoping they check it properly.
Also, the drivers side window only goes up 3/4 of the way. You pull the switch again and it goes up the rest of the way. Does this every time and always in the same spot. Any idea what this could be? The window is actually faster than the passenger side and makes no noise. Just seems like it needs taught where the top is.
Enough of the book. Sorry for the long winded post. Looking forward to posting here. Been a lurker for awhile. Our expy has the HD tow package and 3.31 gears. I am impressed how well it runs. Took it on a trip last weekend and it returned 19mpg. First 5.4 6 speed I have driven. Worlds ahead of the 5.4 2v 4 speed.
But, I realllly love the 5.0 6 speed in the F150. It would be sweet in the expy IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65