2008 Issues!!! HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarmo

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I am in need of some guidance on my truck here. Any and all help is appreciated.

Vehicle info:
2008 Ford Expedition XLT 126,500 miles. all drive train fluids changed earlier this year.

The issues are as follows:
-During the summer when the air conditioner is running. i am sitting at a stop light and the truck will like "leap" forward making it to where i have to press the brakes harder to not move forward. It seems to happen when the AC Compressor kicks in.
-We recently took this vehicle from New Mexico to San Antonio TX. The truck ran great until about 300 miles from town. The vehicle then would shift from overdrive to a lower gear (not sure what gear) kinda harder than normal. The second issue during that drive was that i would get a sorta chatter or a shake (almost as like i had warped brakes but not touching the brakes) when accelerating at really any speed. Let off the gas and then back on and it goes away. This comes and goes.

I have taken the truck to a Ford dealer in San Antonio and they said its a torque converter and also a tranny.

Took it to AAMCO in San Antonio also and they said the tranny is running great and has proper fluid levels and not burnt or discolored. They mentioned it could be the limited slip differential not having the proper additives that needs to be in it from last fluid flush... Not sure on that.

Called the shop that did my fluids and they are saying it is an engine issue as the above AAMCO results are what they are. He mentioned a miss fire in the cylinders but when at Ford they said there was zero miss fire codes. He thinks the tranny is fine...

As you can see i have no idea where to go with this... That is why i am coming to you guys for advise and maybe just maybe someone here has had the same issues and knows a fix.

Thanks a lot guys,
Jarmo

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did any of the shops hook a scanner up and verify the torque converter and transmission operation or was it the "ass test"?

And welcome to the site.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The "shaking".....would you also characterize it as "running over a rumble strip" on the shoulder?

The AC lurch sounds normal.

OP
OP
J

Jarmo

Reaction score
So it was an ass test by aamco but Ford checked the miss fires.

No the shaking is much more subtle.

OP
OP
J

Jarmo

Reaction score
Update,

If I turn off the O/D button it stops. In my opinion it's something going on with the over drive. Thoughts? Simple fix outside of tranny?

Reaction score
Change the oil in the trans as well as the filter. Mine did the shutter when the oil looked good but had lost its viscosity. While the pan is off, go to Pep Boys and get their oil drain plug kit, under $10. Install it in the recessed area in the enter of the magnet. In the future you can drain off about 5 quarts of oil every 10K miles. Totally stopped the shutter and I'm at 155k.

OP
OP
J

Jarmo

Reaction score
Dan,

Sounds like you had the same issue. Have you done the 5 qtz since your last change?

OP
OP
J

Jarmo

Reaction score
No but was told they would not just be intermittent..... I will be taking to a shop asap. Now it's just bugging me.