2010 Expedition El - Readylift and 295/70r18 fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawika36

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 2010 Expedition EL and I am getting the Readylift kit with the strutmasters coil kit. I was planning on putting on some 295/70r18 Trail Grapplers that I have. After looking at Readylifts product description, which says up to 35" tires, I figured I'd be ok. But I'm a little worried now though bc I noticed on another spec sheet it says 34".

Anyone have any idea or experience if this fits ok? Thanks for the help!

Bernard

Reaction score
Well, did it fit?
I’m thinking to get the same tire size but a bit concern about rubbing..

OP
OP
K

kawika36

Reaction score
It did fit but there is rubbing. I have a limited with the power running boards. the rubbing is at full wheel lock, and it is rubbing against the inside corner (towards the middle of the truck) of the running board. it's not real bad and im guessing it can be fixed so as not to rub anymore. the look is great though!

Bernard

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and info.

I just installed the rear spacers of the 3/2” lift. Will do the front tomorrow and aiming for the 295/70/18 (2010 EB EL with power running boards).

As I understand, you have the 3/2” lift and the front tires rub the power running board – when you are in full lock to the left, the rearward outside portion of the left tire touches the inside front portion of the running board and the same on the right when full lock to the right?

How do you think that can be corrected?

I’m going to do offroading and if the 295/70 rub without any compression, it will get worst when I’ll go offroad.. I think…

Can you post some pics (+ of the rubbing, if possible)?

Thanks a lot.. :)

Last edited:

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got any pics of the finished job? Any noticable difference in the ride and handling?

I'm debating doing the same with my rig (07 EL EB) only putting 285/55 20s on it.

Bernard

Reaction score
Got any pics of the finished job? Any noticable difference in the ride and handling?

I'm debating doing the same with my rig (07 EL EB) only putting 285/55 20s on it.
Did you refer to my lift?
Didn’t take any pics. I’ll do it tomorrow.

Any way.
I got the 3/2 spacers off eBay.
The work was a pain… all the bolts ware over tighten and wouldn’t open.
The kit came with rear instructions for 2gen Expedition, not for 07-on.
For the front, they tell you to disassemble the 2 bolts that connect the lower “A” arm to the chassis. Although it makes it easy to take out the strut, once you reassemble the suspension (tighten the bolts “at ride height”) you completely loose the front alignment…

All installed, it looks good.
I got just over 2” lift rear and just over 3” for the front – all measured from center of the wheel to the arch, above it.
Once I finished the installation, it was 2.5”/3.5” but it was settled to about 2”/3” after driving the EXPY for a mile or two.
Aside for the lost alignment, I think the ride is a bit harder. Just a bit.

One thing did have me worried, during the installation.
After reinstalling the front strut and bolt everything in place, when the suspension is in full “drop”, the upper “A” arm is touching the spring.
Actually, it’ was pushed hard to the spring.
That made me worried I did something wrong and I disassembled everything and start over – twice…
The upper “A” arm is moved away off the spring after the lowering the wheel, to take full weight of the EXPY and the suspension move up a little.
I am still a bit concerned because when offloading, if one wheel dropped (articulate) the “A” arm will get into contact with the spring – this is something to take under consideration if/when driving off-pavement.

As for the tires.
285/65-20 are almost the same size as my current stock 275/55-20.
I don’t think there will be any problem with the 285, even without any lift/level installed.

I do want to go for the 295/70-18 but…
kawika36??