2011 water inside passenger rear door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition2011

Reaction score
I am having an issue with water staying inside rear passenger door. Have taken to ford and they say drain holes were clogged. My concern is HOW the water is getting inside door because I don't have this problem with the other three doors.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think there is a door out there that doesn't allow some water in - thus the reason for the drain holes. Just need to keep them open.

OP
OP
E

Expedition2011

Reaction score
Tks for feedback. Just thought it was strange only 1 door has this issue. Was thinking it was a molding issue?

Last edited:

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I believe they should stay dry too and you may have a sealing problem. I've never seen a door with water in it.

dr carver

Reaction score
Every once on a while I get the same thing on my 2011. I pull the drain plug and let the water out. So far it's only been on the rear doors.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every door will get water in it as the felt strips can't fully prevent water from getting between the glass and the door. Just have to make it a habit of cleaning the bottom of the doors whenever you wash it.