1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Blower Motor

Discussion in 'Heating & Cooling' started by Brian Kulis, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Brian Kulis

Brian Kulis Member

For months we had a “Bad bearing” sound from the passenger side dash of our 2013 Expedition EL. I have thought that the bearings in the blower motor were going. Finally there is a louder noise and the AC and heater will not blow at all. It this the Blower motor gone bad?
    I am searching parts and the stores list a main blower, a HVAC blower with cage and a rear blower. Is there only one blower under the dash on the passenger side and another rear blower?
    Do you suggest an OEM Ford part or a reputable aftermarket part?

2. ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom Full Access Members

I have the same “bad bearing” sound. Heat and AC seem to function as normal. My sound goes away once the interior warms up. And I only seem to get the noise while slowing down or on an uneven plane- it’s like the fan shifts during those conditions and makes the noise more prevalent.

I haven’t looked into it at all though.

Brian Kulis likes this.
  3. jimbosidecar

jimbosidecar New Member

I have 2001 Explorer and my fan stopped working. I removed the fan from under the glove box, thinking I would take it to AutoZone for a replacement. But curiosity got the best of me so I took it apart and it was extremely dirty. So used Brakleen first I cleaned up the motor, put some grease on the shaft and put it back together. Re-installed it and it works like new. There's nothing to keep dust, dirt, and crud from getting in there, so take it apart, clean it, and it should be good for another 200,000 miles like mine was/is.