2016 / 2017 Sync 3.4 Success?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did the 19274 update this morning. I was surprised and a little unhappy to loose my Pandora phone app over blue tooth. I'm hoping it's just a setting or maybe the first time I run the app over usb it'll be saved. The message said, "SYNC-enabled Mobile Nav apps can only be found when connected via USB." Other than that, no issues and was about 5 min start to finish.

My Pandora works via BT on both my Expy and Edge on 19274. At least, last I tried a few days ago. I use CarPlay connected via USB 95% of the time.

Make sure Pandora is open on the phone. It can’t connect to it Via BT if the app hasn’t been opened recently on the Phone. If you force close the app or reboot your phone, Pandora will not be active. Just open it, and once it is open and in the background Applink should be able to connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
My Pandora works via BT on both my Expy and Edge on 19274. At least, last I tried a few days ago. I use CarPlay connected via USB 95% of the time.

Make sure Pandora is open on the phone. It can’t connect to it Via BT if the app hasn’t been opened recently on the Phone. If you force close the app or reboot your phone, Pandora will not be active. Just open it, and once it is open and in the background Applink should be able to connect.

Makes sense. Good to hear. New phone a couple of days ago so that's probably the problem. I'll play with it tonight. Thanks.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Makes sense. Good to hear. New phone a couple of days ago so that's probably the problem. I'll play with it tonight. Thanks.

Also connect via USB and let it discover again. Yell back.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am 3+ months on 3.4 on both my Edge and Expedition. Less issues than 3.0, and updated Nav data. No regrets here!

Wow. I'm way behind. Still on 3.0

Is there any major differences between 3.0 and 3.4?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Appears to be an improvement in navigation and some other features that I'm still getting used to. The linked files should have some details.

If you're near Richmond I still have the three USB thingies I used to install the system.

-- Chuck

Cyanlabs

Reaction score
Wow. I'm way behind. Still on 3.0

Is there any major differences between 3.0 and 3.4?
i list some of the changes on my website which is in this thread somewhere, don't want to advertise so won't keep linking it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i list some of the changes on my website which is in this thread somewhere, don't want to advertise so won't keep linking it.

I will!

cyanlabs.net

Not my site, so not an ad for me. Want to see the details, head there!

JRW4673

Reaction score
Newbie Question here.
I have followed the cyanlab instructions(I think), however I am now exactly sure what "extract" means. I have downloaded the "zip" files to three separate flash drives. The second and third downloads i could "right click" on and it had an option to "extract all," which I did. I went to follow the steps to record the IVSU's but could not get the figure out how to get that screen to populate. I stopped the process there and did not insert any of the drives.

The vehicle is a '17 Platnium already updated to 3.0.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Instructions on the linked site are pretty easy and exact. I used the USA method and 3 new USB chips which were pre-formatted. Extract all separately for each file and copy to a chip. I labeled my chips 1, 2, and 3.

You can extract directly to the chip as the extract process gives you a choice of destination.

Once you have all 3 just stick #1 in the USB slot in the console and proceed. I ran the engine at idle the whole time.

-- Chuck

PS -- There's a "reset" needed at some point that I missed. Apparently this will preserve some of your settings which were lost in mine so I started with no saved destinations, and I may have had to find my iPhone again. Otherwise painless.