2016 / 2017 Sync 3.4 Success?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As my screen shows I'm on v19274.

I am 3+ months on 3.4 on both my Edge and Expedition. Less issues than 3.0, and updated Nav data. No regrets here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just finished upgrading my 2017 Expedition EL to v19274 using the CyanLabs instructions. The upgrade was smooth and completed with no issues. I inquired about improvements in this version of Sync. The icons are definitely cleaner and sharper in appearance, and having the newest map versions is nice. The biggest improvement for me is the responsiveness. The interface is much snappier when transitioning between menus.

Since I have the Fordpass app but don't use satellite radio, it would be nice if the interface would pull real-time traffic data and incident reports using my phone's connection. Then I wouldn't need to use my phone at all while driving. I can use Android Auto for these features, but it would be nice to have it all built in.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did your Sync lose all settings and former locations like mine?

-- Chuck

I lost some...not all. I lost the bluetooth device connections and display setting. My locations were still there in the Navigation unit. I used the Power + Next Track reboot twice after each update.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. I missed those instructions. If I remember I'll try in the morning but I'm not confident. :(

Everything else seems fine.

-- Chuck

If you followed the steps on CyanLabs, one was to reset all settings. It isn’t needed, just reboot 2 times like I said in an earlier post.

If you did the reset all, they are gone.

Cyanlabs

Reaction score
If you followed the steps on CyanLabs, one was to reset all settings. It isn’t needed, just reboot 2 times like I said in an earlier post.

If you did the reset all, they are gone.

Interesting, is this confirmed? if so i will make a note on the website.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting, is this confirmed? if so i will make a note on the website.

That has been my experience. I have now done 10 upgrades in person.

Reboot 2 times and everything seems to be good to go. Only thing I typically have to set back up is BT connection.

There was an exception to that. One guy who had done a TON of FORSCAN tweaks for various things in Sync. His, I ended up resetting.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, make sure you do the 3rd install to go to 19274 Version. 19101, and 19100 are a bit glitchy.

If I am reading this correctly, if I install version 19274 it prevents me from updating my Sync ever again because the Reformat Tool has been disabled?