2016 / 2017 Sync 3.4 Success?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRW4673

Reaction score
Thanks Chuck. Sounds like I followed the steps correctly. I was just unsure as to what "extract" meant, but from what research I've found that just means "un-zipping" the files.

JRW4673

Reaction score
Do you know the button combination that will allow me to pull up the IVSU screen? We tried the ones listed and I could not find any other answers online.
Is this even a needed step?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I just noticed there's a "new and improved guide" that either didn't exist when I updated a couple of weeks ago or I didn't notice it. The original instructions either didn't mention the IVSU screen -- or I didn't notice them either. :)

Noticed yesterday that I can enter navigation data to the screen when the vehicle in moving! :party36:

-- Chuck

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you know the button combination that will allow me to pull up the IVSU screen? We tried the ones listed and I could not find any other answers online.
Is this even a needed step?

Don’t worry about recording the IVSU file names. That is only to verify your file versions. You won’t need to go back.

Just move past.

I actually think his first set/older instructions are better for most!

The newer set is more thorough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
My Pandora works via BT on both my Expy and Edge on 19274. At least, last I tried a few days ago. I use CarPlay connected via USB 95% of the time.

Make sure Pandora is open on the phone. It can’t connect to it Via BT if the app hasn’t been opened recently on the Phone. If you force close the app or reboot your phone, Pandora will not be active. Just open it, and once it is open and in the background Applink should be able to connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
All fixed. Just needed to connect via USB once. Everything is working smoothly.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone notice reduced accuracy in voice recognition and POIs with this update?

Ever since I did the update the voice recognition can not find anything. But it still works to make calls and move around the menus just fine.

Jon Borah

Reaction score
Hey I just bought my expedition and was a little disappointed to find out that getting it to 3.0 was the limitation from ford. What exactly are the limitations to using the noted code? It seemed like certain things didnt work?