2017 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jalicea4

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Gold Expedition i purchasd 3/2018. The remote start stopped working suddenly - it beeps twice, but the key fobs can still lock n unlock the doors, when using the door switches to lock, the doors unlock themselves, the driver power seat stopped moving back to original position when I turn off the ignition starting it with the push button start. The driver seat still works using the switches on the side of the seat. When I open the driver side door, it dings as if a light was left on All happened at one time. Any thoughts?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Gold Expedition i purchasd 3/2018. The remote start stopped working suddenly - it beeps twice, but the key fobs can still lock n unlock the doors, when using the door switches to lock, the doors unlock themselves, the driver power seat stopped moving back to original position when I turn off the ignition starting it with the push button start. The driver seat still works using the switches on the side of the seat. When I open the driver side door, it dings as if a light was left on All happened at one time. Any thoughts?

There are several posts on this problem if you do a search on the forum.

Probably your shifter assembly has broken, with the portion that reports the gear shift lever position broken.

The car’s computer thinks the selector is not in park, so it will not permit various functions and causes the chime to sound when you open the door.

It is serviced as an assembly.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could also be the hood switch... Remote start won't work if the vehicle thinks the hood is open.

The clue that the chimes sound when the driver door is open usually indicates the vehicle is sensing the transmission lever is not in the park position (although it is).

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Not sure what a "Gold Expedition" may be or what color has to do with this.

My pedestrian 2017 black XLT has no key fobs, all the functions are on the key itself. I'm wondering if your fobs and functions are aftermarket.

Seat setting are covered by setings on the instrument panel. There is a very annoying option that moves the seat waaaaaaay back and lifts the steering wheel when the engine is switched off and moves them back with the ignition is turned back on. "Porcine Mode" perhaps? Try turning it Off.

-- Chuck

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seat setting are covered by setings on the instrument panel. There is a very annoying option that moves the seat waaaaaaay back and lifts the steering wheel when the engine is switched off and moves them back with the ignition is turned back on. "Porcine Mode" perhaps? Try turning it Off.

-- Chuck

It's the easy entry/exit mode in the settings. It can be toggled on or off. OP should check and see if the vehicle can start with the key outside away from the vehicle. The information provided suggests there's a working key inside the vehicle someplace. Maybe it fell out of someone's pocket or was left in the console. I turned off the double horn honk because it went off whenever I jumped out to check the mail. It honked because the key was left in the vehicle when I exited.

Michael Shepherd

Reaction score
I lived with this for first 6-months of this year on our 2017 Limited 2WD. Tried several of the suggestions but ultimately took it to the dealer who fixed the issue by replacing the shifter assembly. Although I should have done it myself, after searching/watching a couple YouTube videos, I opted to let the dealer handle the issue. I would also mention that while contemplating repairing the issue myself, I checked the price of the part from the main Ford dealer that supplies most of the other dealers in the area and is the dealer where the part was sourced for the repair by my dealer, yet when I picked up our exp, I noticed the dealer had actually marked up the part $150 over retail. Needless to say, the dealer I priced the part from that is only 10-miles further away will now be our furst choice for dealer services!