Blower Motor recall personal experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if anyone has had the smelly issue, what did it smell like? Our recently had a strange smell, similar to a skunk... but not as stout. I figured the wife just ran over something and got it underneath. The smell lingered a couple days in the garage too.
We took it in yesterday for its 90k service and oil change. They were supposed to look into the recall items, but their tech had to leave the shop early? !? So IDK. Reading this just now makes me wonder if we aren't having this issue, being in Texas right now with this crazy heat, out A/C and blower is obviously working overtime.
Thanks ahead of time.

Rollins

Reaction score
I just had mine replaced at the dealership, they say it is the updated motor. Dropped it off Monday to deal with a separate leak and they ordered the blower motor which was installed today.

prenticect

Reaction score
Super fun update here. As noted mine was replaced back in June timeframe. I was told then it was not the new one. But since it was failing, they replaced it and just come back later when the new part is in. Well about 3 weeks ago the AC started doing the same thing again, just turning off. OK, as seen here sounds like the new replacements are out so I will go get it fixed.

First, I am now told I had the new one installed and well they don't warranty this work. ??? UM what? Second have to make this special request to get Ford to pay the dealership to replace it. FYI, Ford charging me $1350 to replace the motor and wire harness. The wire harness is melting I am told. The motor still works most of the time.

Did the SSC, in Ford Terms, to get them to warranty this work. DENIED. If the wire harness is the problem, they will not. Other mechanics (internet) say the motor could be shorting out the wire harness not the other way around.

It seems my truck is the problem child for this specific recall... so what I wait for it to catch on fire to say HA!! told you so? That seems overly stupid. I mean I think I can replace it... not sure I WANT to do that work. I can try out another garage for sure.

I think I don't have the new part. The dealership marked it as service work so they get paid.. thinking or assuming when I come back it will be covered. So I have this old motor that is causing issues like before. I am VERY surprised it happened so quickly. 2017 truck and in 2023 the problem happens. Get a replacement and it goes 2 months and the issue comes back FYI, the wire harness was also replaced by my Ford. I have now learned in the dealership world recalls are not warranted like any other thing they do. ???? That is apparently the deal. Guess it rarely happens so those that have problems, screw them.

As a die-hard Ford guy.. this hurts.

tacoduck

Reaction score
My recall was done in my driveway. Local dealer reached out and set everything up. Came to my house and finished in 30 minutes.