2017 used or 2018 new?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Matb your dealer would be interestes in shipping or exchanging for a truck your interested in? The xlts do move as fast as the other trims(except fx4s) so you may be able to get a good deal but if your not finding the one you want and others are looking for 202s, it may be harder to get a good deal. Honestly, where im at for some reason they can't move em that fast.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I prefer a XLT 4X4 with 202A package. Within 100miles I only found two cars online. Both MSRP is around 63k. Not sure how much discount I can get. Across different makes, usually the discount can be around 10% off MSRP or even more at this price range. I’m not sure if I can get it since the inventory is so low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered mine. Should be able to get near 10% discount.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I ordered my Platinum I got it for 6% below MSRP...which was about 1.5% below invoice. That's before incentives and taxes and whatnot...it's just the price of the vehicle.

GOWolfpack

Reaction score
You can always special order your 2018 truck to not overpay for the options you don't want. Plus you get exactly what you want. I did just that, had to wait 2 months to get the truck, but so glad I did it.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where I live (Washington DC area) dealer’s advertise $5-6k off MSRP on all of them. On the higher priced versions I’ve even seen $8k off on occasion.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matb your dealer would be interestes in shipping or exchanging for a truck your interested in? The xlts do move as fast as the other trims(except fx4s) so you may be able to get a good deal but if your not finding the one you want and others are looking for 202s, it may be harder to get a good deal. Honestly, where im at for some reason they can't move em that fast.

Same in my area, the high trim expys have been sitting on the lot for a long time whereas as soon as they get an XLT it’s gone. They’ve been discounting them better in the last few weeks.

OP
OP
R

Raphy

Reaction score
Any reliability concern of the 16/17 model? I can find quite a few with ~50k miles under $30k.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
If I was you I'd go for the 2017, here's why:

1. Its not the first year of a complete redesign, you'd know this if you're a car guy.

2. Its $30,000 less, that's $500 saved every month for 5 years!

3. You can get a platinum package 2017 vs a XLT 2018 and still have enough money leftover to build a new addition to your house

4. The 2017 looks like a damn truck, the 2018 looks like a fat wagon.... need I say more?

OP
OP
R

Raphy

Reaction score
If I was you I'd go for the 2017, here's why:

1. Its not the first year of a complete redesign, you'd know this if you're a car guy.

2. Its $30,000 less, that's $500 saved every month for 5 years!

3. You can get a platinum package 2017 vs a XLT 2018 and still have enough money leftover to build a new addition to your house

4. The 2017 looks like a damn truck, the 2018 looks like a fat wagon.... need I say more?

I was thinking the same way. I don’t mind if it’s like a truck or wagon. Thanks.