2018/2019 heavy duty tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikefromco

Reaction score
I am looking for information from people who are towing near max weight.
Are you needing the heavy duty tow package or is standard fine?
I'm having issues finding a 2018/2019 with the heavy duty tow package

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Try cargurus.com. It has the HD Tow package as a selectable filter. I see hundreds of 2018 and 2019 vehicles listed with the HD Tow package.

m3bs

Reaction score
They often list “Tow Package” but when you open the window sticker it’s not there. I only found 2 of them in a 3-state search when I was shopping a year ago.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They often list “Tow Package” but when you open the window sticker it’s not there. I only found 2 of them in a 3-state search when I was shopping a year ago.

Check for the trailer brake controller in the interior photos. That would likely be the best indicator.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're going to want the HD tow package. The standard towing package is only 6000lbs. It's too hard to try and upgrade later, the HD towing package includes an increased RAWR, etc, etc,

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a hard time finding a HD tow package as well. I would not tow a camper without. The HD package gives you the extra motor and tranny cooling capacity and the 3.73 gearing along with the built in brake controler and back up assist. I got to the point of just looking at interior pics and looking for the built in controler and moving on if I didnt see it. Some list "tow package" when all it really has is a hitch so selecting tow package as a filter will do you little to no good.

I tow a 30ft. camping trailer wieghing ~ 7,000#. BTW, four wheel drive it great to have when trying to get the camper into some spots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1