2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to read that MotorTrend review again it was so funny. I loved this part: "Although the outside might look like a mimeographed Suburban, the inside of the Expedition embarrasses the Chevy. The two are night and day, if Ford is day and night is cheap and looks dated."

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its becasue motor trend is owned by gm or its shareholders. they never give props where due. the only reviews that matter to ford are OURS

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its becasue motor trend is owned by gm or its shareholders. they never give props where due. the only reviews that matter to ford are OURS

Are you sure about that?

MotorTrend actually gave a very, very favorable review for the Expy, while at the same time saying that its far superior to the GM's Suburban in every single way. Don't you agree?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kbb ranked it 3rd best suv for 2018 behind the honda crv(1st), and audi q5(2nd). Not bad since one has been updated almost every yr since 2013 and the other usa luxury compact suv.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kbb ranked it 3rd best suv for 2018 behind the honda crv(1st), and audi q5(2nd). Not bad since one has been updated almost every yr since 2013 and the other usa luxury compact suv.
That’s a wide range in vehicles for the top 3, they are all sort of in their own class so to speak. The Honda I would consider the most bland and affordable, the Audi is luxury, and the Expy is full size. I wonder what their grading criteria is.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Autoweek released their review as well. after all is said and done, the fords are very well recieved.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure about that?

MotorTrend actually gave a very, very favorable review for the Expy, while at the same time saying that its far superior to the GM's Suburban in every single way. Don't you agree?
no, but over the years they tend to be hard on ford and less hard on gm or imports
they killed the excursion, meanwhile the sub was just as much a gas hog. but they never did a favorable review on excursion with diesel option which was great and could pull in 21 plus mpg .
i am just old, i think

i ave looked at subs and denalis and just felt nickle and dimed for things that should be standard
just my opinion.
i use reviews from real owners vice the reporters that are fixated on un realistic views for a 6400 lb SUV that can hold up to 8 full size people and still handle a substantial loaded trailer or cargo
my sister has a acura suv thing, it claims to seat 7...NO flicking way. if your in the back seat you are trapped and cant get out or over the seat unless its gets folded out of the way and forget any cargo behind the rear seat. but it still costs over 45k..

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that was surprising and pretty good. he missed the eco boost benefits by saying turbo engines are less efficient ....i say foul on the play.
the gen one ecoboost is a powerful and great engine. i can only imagine the gen 2 will be OMG this is fantastic. 375 and 400 hp versions are going to set the bar on mpg, and having power we all love. I bet to that the 375 to 400 is a ecu tuning, vice a whole bunch of parts.
i bet both are going to test the traction control with 3.73 gears ....it does on my expy now and i dont have 375 hp.
hopefully they obliterate the class..
i wonder why there is no TWO tone paint offerings to help break up the hugeness?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bet both are going to test the traction control with 3.73 gears ....it does on my expy now and i dont have 375 hp.
hopefully they obliterate the class..
i wonder why there is no TWO tone paint offerings to help break up the hugeness?
That's going to be awesome! I'll bet the reserve the two-tone paint only for the King Ranch version when available.