2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't really think the Ford guy looked unhappy.

They said that Expedition did better going up the hill and the Suburban did better holding speed coming down hill. Maybe they didn't set the hill assist feature that works when towing.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't really think the Ford guy looked unhappy.

They said that Expedition did better going up the hill and the Suburban did better holding speed coming down hill. Maybe they didn't set the hill assist feature that works when towing.

The part that is confusing or at least interesting for me is that Motortrend thought it was no contest: Expy wins. I’m assuming TFL attended the same Ford event as Motortrend. I wonder what the difference was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The part that is confusing or at least interesting for me is that Motortrend thought it was no contest: Expy wins. I’m assuming TFL attended the same Ford event as Motortrend. I wonder what the difference was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The TFL guys were just weenies. :D

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another Town & Country review. This one is driving in the Expedition.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new expy is barely ousting GM on MPG and GM has 4 less gears. What happens when a GM puts in the ten speed? I keep reading about the fuel economy and they blatantly ignore GM has a huge card it hasn’t played.

Last edited:

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The new expy is barely ousting GM on MPG and GM has 4 less gears. What happens when a GM puts in the ten speed? I keep reading about the fuel economy and they blatantly ignore GM has a huge card it hasn’t played.
well since the 10 speed is a joint venture with GM and Ford, i would imagine the burb still trails. a little,
would love to see a real same weight, same gear set test...but we know that will never happen

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The expy has more power than the gm utes so 1 or 2 mpg more is still a huge accomplishment.