2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 expys are scheduled to begin production on march 25. Rumor(speculation mainly) has it that they will "retail" the xl model to lower the price point of the expy and make it more competetive. Sounds like a fantastic idea. No words on anything new coming, but i will be so mad if they release the king ranch model so soon after initial release(the model i truly desire)

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2019 expys are scheduled to begin production on march 25. Rumor(speculation mainly) has it that they will "retail" the xl model to lower the price point of the expy and make it more competetive. Sounds like a fantastic idea. No words on anything new coming, but i will be so mad if they release the king ranch model so soon after initial release(the model i truly desire)

What do you think the king ranch model will have whenever they do release it? Different leather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interior wise, i figure it would get the king ranch leather and badging thats on the f series trucks. I would also guess the 4wd would get the off road shocks found on the fx4. As far as exterior goes, i would think it would get the badges on the body and wheels that f series trucks would get. I also would think their would be two paint options, one with different colored running boards and lower front and rear fascias(valances) w/ possible wheel well molding as in the f150 and a monochramtic paint pkg like the current(previous) expy and the f series trucks

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Towing isn’t as good as expected. The 3.5 Eco was only slightly “a hair” faster floored than the 5.3 and they said the Chevy downshifted better. Surprised the 5.3 V8 can compete with it but the thing still has a lot of life left. I’d imagine the 6.2 still wins over the ecoboost. They did not express the expy did bad the thing did well just thought the 5.3 would be further behind. They both did well enough.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Motortrend said the opposite in their drive, but also its a flash towing test. 2 early to tell, but i doubt the 5.3 is better than 3.5l now when it wasnt better when the previous expy had the gen 1 engine.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motortrend said the opposite in their drive, but also its a flash towing test. 2 early to tell, but i doubt the 5.3 is better than 3.5l now when it wasnt better when the previous expy had the gen 1 engine.

Didn’t say ones better just saying they are comparable engines. For me one thing is never truly “better” in every aspect. As with anything it’s give and take and each costumer has to decide what to give and take.