Hyperdip Chrome Delete - 21 Max Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emailjasonj

Reaction score
Nebie here, just picked up a new to me '21 Max Limited about a month ago. I love the limited but the chrome was killing me, started to look at vinyly wraps and settled on Hyperdip. I did a lot of research and watched a ton of videos, I'm not done yet but finished the front grille and the rear Expedition strip and Ford emblems as well as the fold out steps. Still need to do the roof rack and window trim next.

The process is really easy and I think the results look great. And when it starts to wear in a couple years, I can peel it off and reapply. Attached a few before and after pics.IMG_1507.jpgIMG_1508.jpgIMG_1543.jpgIMG_1614.jpg

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! I also like the blacked out look but my wife prefers chrome. She was low key upset when I chose the limited "stealth edition" over the regular limited model

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nebie here, just picked up a new to me '21 Max Limited about a month ago. I love the limited but the chrome was killing me, started to look at vinyly wraps and settled on Hyperdip. I did a lot of research and watched a ton of videos, I'm not done yet but finished the front grille and the rear Expedition strip and Ford emblems as well as the fold out steps. Still need to do the roof rack and window trim next.

The process is really easy and I think the results look great. And when it starts to wear in a couple years, I can peel it off and reapply. Attached a few before and after pics.View attachment 77569View attachment 77570View attachment 77572View attachment 77571
That looks a lot better.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll never understand why manufacturers think chrome and wood equals luxury. It's all gaudy and tacky and needs to go. I love that the stealth was an option when I bought mine.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also how do you prevent over spray
I'll never understand why manufacturers think chrome and wood equals luxury. It's all gaudy and tacky and needs to go. I love that the stealth was an option when I bought mine.
The new Yukon Denalis grill blinds me

OP
OP
E

emailjasonj

Reaction score
Looks great, have same color Expy.

How did you do grill? Take off or tape?
I just taped it, took about 30 minutes to get it all cleaned and taped so not that bad. I also slid some cardboard in behind the grill to keep any overspray off the radiator. I just took off the cover under the hood and slipped them down. Lots of videos on Youtube on tape/spray the grill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65