2018 lincoln navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I’m curious about that too. From the videos I’ve seen it looks really easy to use. For us the question will be whether it’s so easy to operate that a 5 year old can do it by himself. If he can then I’d lean towards the bench, if he can’t then definitely captains seats with the LWB (Max) for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The seat folding forwards to grant access to the 3rd row appears to be operated by a latch on the shoulder of the seat itself so assuming a 5 year old is tall enough to reach that switch I’m sure it doesn’t require too much effort.

MiddKid

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. SWB or LWB?

LWB. Although our dealer is ordering the same config in SWB just in case we feel it’s too big.

Had a Sequoia for almost 10 years...excited to get a bunch more room behind that 3rd row!

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the limited and plat models(xlt
W/ 202) the sec row will slif forward with the button press on the c pillar. I wpuld like the max version for the fuel range but wifey thinks a bit 2 big.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had five Ford full size SUVs, a '54 station wagon, an E-150, an F-250D and an F-350D. Having said that, Ford has always taken a back seat to GM when it comes to style and colors. Nothing's changed IMO. My wife's '13 King Ranch Expy looks way better than the big Explorer they call the 2018 Expedition.

And while I'd prefer my '14 Yukon Denali was an Expedition, I can't deny it's beautiful.

As for the Navigator, as I said before, it's ugly. What's with those wheels?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our kids are all in their 20s now so when I bought the 17 it had the captain's chairs in the second row, I didn't think I would like them at first, but they have grown on me. My only complaint is when I use it to haul light stuff like my model airplanes, I have to cover the gap between the two seats and the space between the 2nd and third rows. I'm still waiting for our local dealer to get one in so I can see it. It would be crazy to trade a 17 in on an 18 so I may have to wait a couple of years before I do it.

W/ 202) the sec row will slif forward with the button press on the c pillar. I wpuld like the max version for the fuel range but wifey thinks a bit 2 big.
I had the short wheel base 05 and now have the 17 EL, I can tell you that the extra 14" or so wasn't even noticeable. Go for the Max you'll be glad you did, if only for the extra space behind the 3rd row.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the button you are referring to lays the seats flat for maximum storage. There is also a lever that allows the seat to stay upright but tilt forward allowing you to step behind the seat to gain access to the 3rd row.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

This video shows the rep holding thr button and it slides forward

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

This video shows the rep holding thr button and it slides forward
Oh cool! Yeah I don’t know why I thought it was on the seat itself, clearly not. Thanks, I haven’t seen that video before.