2019 XLT 9 Speaker Stereo Upgrade - Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grizguy

Reaction score
I upgraded my "radio" It kicks butt! At the time, no head units were available. A processor was installed behind the monitor. a 1000w amp for the replaced 6 x 9.. maybe 6 x 8 speakers in front doors. Upper tweeters in front. a 500w amp supplies the sub. Amps and sub are installed in the small area under the rear storage deck. There are now several head units available. I am considering the phoenix audio. .. 13 .1 inch monitor... Not in the states yet. doing a pre order.. I still need some questions answered. The sound quality of the factory radio not perfect, but pretty darn close..

Grizguy

Reaction score
I may mention.. if you notice the age.. I listen to "lite" heavy metal. (I do not like screaming!! ) I like the kick butt base.. crystal clear mids and highs. Nothing like listening to A7X and some of the crazy KORN base.. Hearing the clear acoustic guitar, piano, and cello.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I upgraded my "radio" It kicks butt! At the time, no head units were available. A processor was installed behind the monitor. a 1000w amp for the replaced 6 x 9.. maybe 6 x 8 speakers in front doors. Upper tweeters in front. a 500w amp supplies the sub. Amps and sub are installed in the small area under the rear storage deck. There are now several head units available. I am considering the phoenix audio. .. 13 .1 inch monitor... Not in the states yet. doing a pre order.. I still need some questions answered. The sound quality of the factory radio not perfect, but pretty darn close..

Have any pics of the sub / amp setup? Thanks